Industrial Cleaner

I have been using this industrial cleaner I got cheap at Walmart called Purple Power. It does a good job at keeping the hard-to-get-to places clean. Just wondering if I could be damaging something by using it? I only let it work for a couple of minutes before hosing it off.

Thx

Purple Power is a concentrated degreaser...Simple Green is not. One is biodegradeable and one is not. lol I bought it but after reading the Purple Powers super degreaser ingredients it now sits on the shelf.

yea...but does it work:excuseme:

I picked up Purple Power and Simple Green at Wal-Mart, stared at the two for close to 10 minutes and walked away with Simple Green after reading how "potent" Purple Power is. I'm happy with my purchase it takes all the dirt off that I ask it to do.

Purple Power is a concentrated degreaser...Simple Green is not. One is biodegradeable and one is not. lol I bought it but after reading the Purple Powers super degreaser ingredients it now sits on the shelf.

Great point; however, the grease you are washing off is not. Remember to capture as much as you can and dispose of it properly. Around here there is a lot of dead water ( stagnant streams and rivers). It is a shame, but I admit, I am partially to blame for past actions. I try to be very careful now days.

I use purple power.

I buy the 2.5 gallon jug of it. I mix it 1/4 purple power to 3/4 water in a pup up garden sprayer.

The way I use it, is I put my bike in the shade with the engine cool, and soak the bike with the sprayer. I like to let it sit on the bike for about 5 minutes. The trick is to never let the stuff dry before you wash it off.... So I might have to respray the bike once or twice to keep it wet while it soaks in.

Then after 5 minutes I powerwash the bike clean. Starting from the bottom up.

If the bike is very muddy, I will turn off the fuel and lay the bike on it's side and that helps me to get the mud off areas I would never get if bike was still on it's kickstand.

Also another thing I do, is once I have sprayed the bike down with the purple power and rinsed it clean, there is still usually a film of dirt on everything.... So I will spray the whole bike down one more time and using a car wash brush, I will scrub as much of the bike I can get the brush onto, and again I never let the purple power dry onto the bike as I do this, so I might have to stop scrubbing mid way through and spray the bike down one more time with the sprayer to keep it wet. Once done scrubbing I rinse and I try to really rinse well to get all of the chemicals off the bike.

When I am done, I take a leaf blower and blow dry my bike. Once dry it is clean as new.

Of course the new bike shine will be gone reguardless of the type of soaps you use, once the bike has been muddy and washed a few times. So what I do is once the bike is totally dry, I take a tire shine productand literally spray down the entire bike, hitting every inch of it short of the grips, seat, and brakes. I spray all the plastics.... the engine... the frame.... the exhaust..... under the fenders..... the forks and shock..... everything. Then the bike looks as shiny as new and the mud doesn't stick to the bike as bad on the next ride.

As for purple power verse simple green.... Simple green straight out of the jug is not as powerful as diluted purple power. It will also dull the bike if left to dry. As far as enviromental concerns with the purple power, I wash my bike in the same spot every week and I also wash my landscape equipment and other tools there too. The water runs across a area of my lawn with each wash, and my observation is it doesn't hurt the grass one bit. If anything the grass there thrives. I will say that purple power does tend to dry out the skin on your hands, so wear rubber gloves when using it.

My bike after a recent wash, but before the tire shine treatment

DSC00825.jpg

DSC01091.jpg

DSC01090.jpg

DSC01089.jpg

Purple Power will make every aluminum surface look like crap in no time. Do not use it if you care about what your bike looks like.

Thank you for beating me too it.

If I use purple power it only sits for maybe 30 seconds if that. I sprayed my rm down one time, let it sit and for got about it. Came back and my fork tubes had no coating left on them and my anodized rims weren't so anodized anymore. Big mistake on my part now I rarely use it.