My Wrist still hurts once in a while after 2yrs

I'm wondering how common this is ?? And what you do to manage it ?? What you've tried that works and didn't work ?? Do you wear a brace (witch one). Or do you wrap your wrists before riding ?? Now the harder questions to answer/explain online. Do you do anything to strengthen it. Or any stretching. What do you do ?? 👍

Wrist injuries are really bad for active people ... I have some bones broke in mine from 20 yrs ago on my throttle hand and it really hurts when riding and most work I have to do from opening doors to painting or just general chores ... No fix really possible now ... I gotta live with the pain ....

But I do take glucosamine & chondroitin for help ... it is not so much a pain reliever but helps regenerate some stuff in your joints ... You gotta take it over time to get the benefits ... This stuff with aspirin or motren makes the pain bearable ....

get an x-ray sounds like a scafoid nonunion.

Thank you Dr. Mark. I think that's what it is too. I'll get a x-ray on my next Dr visit. Is there anything I can do to help it heal ??. I have used some Teh Ta Yao (hit medicine) Helps bring blood flow in. And some JointFlex-out pain. It helps a lot. Just when I think it's healed. I'll jam it or twist it the worng way. And it's sore for a few days in the same spot.

Wrist injuries are really bad for active people ... I have some bones broke in mine from 20 yrs ago on my throttle hand and it really hurts when riding and most work I have to do from opening doors to painting or just general chores ... No fix really possible now ... I gotta live with the pain ....

But I do take glucosamine & chondroitin for help ... it is not so much a pain reliever but helps regenerate some stuff in your joints ... You gotta take it over time to get the benefits ... This stuff with aspirin or motren makes the pain bearable ....

It's my throttle hand too. I think it's the most common. I've been taking that too and calcium. That (JointFlex-out pain) I have helps me a lot. I haven't had to use it in awhile. Till this week

Thanks, It was really sore today. Back to wrapping it for work. I have Dr vist coming up in April. So like Dr Mark said. I'm going to get a x ray for sure. If that's what it turns out to be. What the down time ??? If I get the surgery

Sounds like DeQuervain's tendonitis. Would see a doc and also get a new X-ray. Although unlikely in this case, anyone who looks at this website has a scafoid fracture if they complain of wrist pain.

Besides, motocrossers are chick magnets. I wouldn't expect you to have tendonitis:ride:

I got no clue what the downtime is. It depends on who is holding the knife.

But if you have an untreated and ununited scafoid fracture, the down time is the rest of your life.

I don't know about the downtime, but there is no way can ride more than a day or 2 without a few days rest ...the pain now is just too much ... I'm trying to retire and ride my bike daily, but it ain't gonna happen ...

This will probably end my riding totally n a few years if this keeps getting worst...