Sign in to follow this  

Utah Moab, need riders

HELLO

I have never been to moab and would like to hook up with some riders there and do some loops, does anyone have a trip coming up and dont mind me taging along ? I am an " A " rider, love technical stuff. I have a plated 2007 ktm 300xc I'll bring along. I was going to take my rv and hang out for 4-5 days. Let me know , please

thanks

wait till after springbreak...we went last year during this time,, and it was packed with college kids, war protesters, and the like...a week or 2 later would have been better.

wait till after springbreak...we went last year during this time,, and it was packed with college kids, war protesters, and the like...a week or 2 later would have been better.

thanks and when would you say the window ia ? i know there is jeep jamboreee or somthing

Planning on 4 days 4/8-4/11 but we will have mostly newer riders and dual sports so it wont be very challenging for better riders.

thanks and when would you say the window ia ? i know there is jeep jamboreee or somthing

Jeep Safari is 3/27 - 4/4. That's the only window you really don't want to be in Moab - although Green River is usually OK.

http://www.moab-utah.com/jeep/index.html

Regardless, at this time of the year, with the type of winter we (Utah and Colorado) have had, it's going to be busy. Weekdays are radically better than weekends, but it's a big place and there's room for nearly everyone (esp. if you stay away from Slickrock).

Avoid the Safari (in Moab) and just go. The next time it's not going to be busy is after Memorial Day when temp's are usually in the 90's.

When is spring break in Moab?

X2 ???

I've been riding there since the 80's and never run into "spring break". It get busy the weeks before and after Easter for jeep week. Again during the car show weekend, and the occasional bike/marathon race. Avoid jeep week and you should have no problems if you are bringing an RV. I usually go at least once or twice a month from April thru Oct. If you have a week in mind, drop me a pm and I will be happy to show you around a bit.

we went last year the week before Easter, it was pretty crazy..id say the second week of April would be great..

just watch the TV MTV usually has a big springbreak thing shown, id wait till after thats over for sure..

last year, at 10:00 Friday night, we came driving through town the resturants were packed, it was like the middle of the day.. people walking up and down the sidewalk ect.

war protesters waiving signs , what a mess...

I just went to moab for my spring break from the 13th-20th and it wasn't bad at all. Most colleges should have either had SB or are in the middle of it now. Slickrock was busy, but that should be expected. A couple other people said avoid safari. That is pretty much all that matters. You shouldn't be in town much anyways.. you should be on the trails!

Don't forget 15 cent wings at the moab brewery bar from 4-6 mon-wed. Thursday is $5 burger night too.