New Fork Springs

Just put new .47 front fork springs in my -400 as I weigh about 200 lbs. Change appreard to be pretty straight forward, however new springs are about one inch shorter. The new eibachs came with a clear PVC tube. Am I to cut about a 1 inch length? If so were do I install it, at the top under the cap or at the bottom of the spring. Can this plastic part take the load? Would a the new steel washers go on top and bottom of the spacer?

Not a fork expert, appreciate the feedback.

Paul O

I just put .47 kg Eibachs in my forks. I measured the stock spring and the Eibach and made up the difference with the provided clear PVC tube. Drop the springs in, then add one of the four washers provided, then the PVC, then another washer. I used 5 wt Honda fork oil.

Why don't you do the shim stack mod while you are in there? It's really easy and makes about as big a difference as changing your springs to the correct boing power.

The spacer will go between the bottom of the fork cap and top of the spring. If you want to keep the same amount of preload just cut the spacers length to be whatever the difference in length is between the stock and new springs.

I bet the next question you come back with is why your clickers have changed. We'll see.

The spacer will go between the bottom of the fork cap and top of the spring. If you want to keep the same amount of preload just cut the spacers length to be whatever the difference in length is between the stock and new springs.

I bet the next question you come back with is why your clickers have changed. We'll see.

Ah! Good catch Trailryder! Gotta back off those adjustments all the way, top and bottom before the change! I went to your school before I did my springs and shim stack mod!