Sign in to follow this  

Hyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ITS MY FIRST TIME IN THE FORUM!!!!!!I BOUGHT A KX 100 1997 FOR MY SON, AND RUNS GREAT GOOD POWER,,,, BUT SOMETIMES O ALL DAYS I WILL RUN A COUPLE OF RIDES AND SHUT OFF AND WHEN I GO TO START UP THEY BLOW THE SPARK PLUG,,,,THIS IS IN THE SAME DAY,,, A 7 SPARK PLUG IN A DAY!!!!!!!!!!WAOOOOO!,,,ANOTHER THING,,MY MIX ARE 1OZ. PER LITTER,,,,,,THAT BIKE SMOKE TOO MUCH, AND DRIPS OIL FOR THE SILENCER,,,SOMETIMES THIS BIKE RUNS GREAT!!!!!BUT SOMETIMES MAKES ME UNGRY!!!!!!!!!!!,,,SOME FRIENDS TELL TO ME THAT THE PROBLEM IS THE JETS AND ANOTHER TELLS ME THAT ITS OUT OF COMPRESSION,,,, AND I DONT KNOW WHATS IM GOING TO DO,,,,,, MY SPARKS ARE BR8ES AND THE MIX ARE KLOTZ PREMIX,,,AND SHELL VPOWER 93 OCTS.....,,,THE BIKE SMOKES WHITE SMOKE BUT IN LOW END I SEE SOME BLACK SMOKE LIKE A RICH SET UP.......HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!MY ENGLISH IS NOT THE BEST BUT I UNDERSTAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!👍

it sounds like compression is not the problem. if the bike is fouling spark plugs that much you have 2 options.

1. choose a leaner oil/gas ratio. like 8oz per liter?

2. get some smaller number jets.

only do ONE of these options. good luck!

The oil mix is about a 32:1 -- that's fine. You have a good oil and good gasoline. I think the spark plug is also fine.

If there is oil coming out of the exhaust, the jetting is usually too rich. That means too much fuel for the amount of air going through.

A common misconception with 2-strokes is that rich or lean is the caused by the fuel-oil ratio. Its not caused by the oil. Rich or lean is caused by fuel-air ratio. You need less fuel for the amount of air. That will cause higher combustion temperatures and result in all the oil being burned off with less smoke.

To change the fuel-air ratio, you need to change the jets inside the carb. There are several jets and each one has an effect at different throttle position. Most jets, you have to buy new parts to make changes with. The jet needle clip position is one you can make without buying new parts. You will need to get the carb apart. Usually this is easier if the carb is off the motorcycle. The jet needle is in the middle and goes up/down with the throttle. It has a clip that allows it to be lower or higher. Lower in the carb means less fuel and leaner, which is what you need.

This link is for 2002, but might help you. It also describes the main jet, needle jet, clip, etc.

http://www.teamgreennews.ca/pdf/KX_Tech_Jetting.pdf

The jetting guide for 2003, has a picture of all the parts in the carb of a 2003 KX250. Its probably not exactly like yours, but should give you ideas.

http://www.teamgreennews.ca/pdf/KXjetting2003.pdf

THANKS FRIENDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I WILL TRIED TOMOROW AND LET YOU KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!SONDS LIKE JETTING PROBLEMS AND FOR THE SMOKE, COOLANT LOSS IM GOING TO CHECK,,,, ANYWAY,,,THANKS THAT WAS MY FIRST TIME THAT I POST IN THIS FORUM,,,,,,,,,,,KEEP IN CONTACT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!👍

Also, be aware that jets may differ. A genuine Mikini jet number will be different than a aftermarket #. This is based on the flow rate of the jet.

example: a Mikuni #420 may be a dynojet #380.

as well as a large hex vs, small hex vs round style. Mkae sure you get the proper jets for the card and I suggest the genuine brand for the carb. A little more costly but at least you know it's right.

Same goes for the pilot jet.

TODAY I PUT A NEW JETS ON THE BIKE,,,52 AND 118,, THE BIKES FELS DIFERENT,,, MUCH POWER!!!!!!!!!!BUT I THINK IM GONA REBUILT THE ENGINE BECAUSE THERE A LOT SMOKE!!!!!!!AND THE OIL LEVER IS LOW,,, I THINK THAT IS THE CRANKSEAL WRONG!!AND THE OIL EYE TURNS A LITTLE WITHE MEANS WATER IN THE GEAR BOX!!!!!!!!!!IF ANY KNOWS ABOUT A WEBPAGE THATS SHOWS STEPS BY STEPS KX 100 ENGINE REBUILDS, PLEASE LET ME KNOW,,, IM NOT A MOTO MECHANIC, BUT I HAVE EXPERIENCE IN OTHERS ENGINES!!!!!!!!!!!!!THANKS A LOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!👍

To this properly you will need the proper tools for splitting the case and some other things. It's not difficult if you have any mechanical abilities. Just take your time and get a service manual.

There's a few guys on here that have the pre-97 bikes and know them inside and out.

Go on youtube and look up rocky mountain mc and they have alot of how-to videos and splitting cases is one of them. It's a general video but will give you a good idea.

no te conosco ,,,,pero acaso no te gusta mi forma de pedir ayuda ,,,,en algo q en verdad no se,,,,, si acaso mal interprete tu post ,,,mil disculpas!!!!!!!!!!! in puertorican!!!!!!!!!!!!!solamente quiero hacer amistades!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!take care!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I dont speak spanish, actually not many people do in Australia.

I got the general idea as to what Raldo has said, correct me if I am wrong.

Raldo Wrote

perhaps not you conosco?, but you do not like my form to request aid, in something q in truth not, in case badly she interprets your post, thousand excuses! in they puertorican! I only want to make friendships! take care

how did I go?? LOL

no te conosco ,,,,pero acaso no te gusta mi forma de pedir ayuda ,,,,en algo q en verdad no se,,,,, si acaso mal interprete tu post ,,,mil disculpas!!!!!!!!!!! in puertorican!!!!!!!!!!!!!solamente quiero hacer amistades!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!take care!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dammit, Now I have to wait till the wife gets home from work to interpret this.

i said, i didnt know you ,but if you didnt like my way to asking for help,,,im sorry im new in this hobby and im loking for make friends!!!!!!!!!!!!! take care!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Raldo,

Don't take it personally. Folks here like to poke fun. It's all in good humor.

Let us know how it turns out!

Winkel

i said, i didnt know you ,but if you didnt like my way to asking for help,,,im sorry im new in this hobby and im loking for make friends!!!!!!!!!!!!! take care!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Raldo, I wasn't trying to insult you, I was just letting you know that, on online forums, using all caps is considered "shouting" and is considered rude. I'm sorry if you took insult, it was not intended.

dont worry my friend,, and thanks to all for the help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!👍