See- we have a hundred+ year offroad tradition here in PNW

Check out this old pict of these guys on vtwin Excelsiors in Pioneer square. It was some rally they where posing for I guess.

My dad after WW2 baught a Harley and rode the US and told me back then roads where often primitive dirt roads at best in some areas and he would have loved an offroad bike then. How much more did these guys do offroading in this 1911 picture?

pic32607.jpg

Grandpa used the same H-D to ride fom seattle to chicago to visit his sister to race in the desert and do hillclimb events. Rear tire chain and big sprocket was all that he really did to hill climb. If anyone remembers the hills that were near Mt tahoma high school in S. Tacoma? that's one of the places they'd have club climbs.

Man, they really could ride those things!

So much energy went into "manual-ing" all those whoops...I think I need to enter a vintage race?

That vid got my juices going this morning...then my boss pulled the trump card...now I'm stuck in front of a CRT all morning. ?

Rather be at Tahuya in the rain.

not NEARLY as old as Steve's picture, but check out this 1964 video...

Joe

http://motorbikearchives.com/Video-Gallery/High-Resolution/1964-Motocross-des-Nations.html

That doesn't look like a mx race...more like a HS! Very cool video.

Kinda of a wierd start....first a false, then backing up, then go with a few guys still getting turned around.

So much energy went into "manual-ing" all those whoops...I think I need to enter a vintage race?

That vid got my juices going this morning...then my boss pulled the trump card...now I'm stuck in front of a CRT all morning. ?

Rather be at Tahuya in the rain.

RAIN??? Brett....you missed a good ride. zero rain for some reason during the 4 hours we rode but definitely before and after:banana: what is interesting is that the trails are way way drier than last week, wet yes but puddles are fewer and smaller:busted:

Joe

RAIN??? Brett....you missed a good ride. zero rain for some reason during the 4 hours we rode but definitely before and after:banana: what is interesting is that the trails are way way drier than last week, wet yes but puddles are fewer and smaller:busted:

Joe

?

I sat in the factory staring at the 787 all day. At least I gotta window seat.

friend of mine works in pioneer sq and is a street biker. He stumbled on it. I liked it so much I printed it and framed it. I wish I had more

Initially, I thought you meant Pioneer Square Portland, but it must be Pioneer Square Seattle? Still very cool.

Very cool indeed. Can you imagine being able to ride where you want when you want how you want without being hassled by the man?

Joe............

I'm almost 50 and remember it being like that when I was a kid on dirt bikes in the early 70's. We have lost lots of freedoms, mostly in the last 10 years it seems and now its happening at an accelerated rate.

Cool video by the way. In fact, my first ride was a 1971 Honda 175 Scrambler. ?