Sign in to follow this  

swap ktm 400sx rear wheel for drz 400?

i've heard rumors that these wheels/hubs are interchangeable? anyone here used a ktm wheel before?

I have a ktm rear for my dirt setup. you need to verify that the ktm wheel has the correct size axle. I can't remember off the top of my head what the diameter of the axle is, but that's the only real catch. Mine bolted right up, no problem.

i think most ktm's from125-540 and 1990-2007 have the same axle. thanks.

do you know what year and size bike your wheel came off?

It's off a 250 exc.

Edited by Rib Eye

i've heard rumors that these wheels/hubs are interchangeable? anyone here used a ktm wheel before?

I've got an 01 300mxc and drz400sm in the garage. They both share the same rear wheel for dirt. The whell is from the 300. One thing I had to do was find a larger back rotor to fit the sm caliper. Turns out the larger ktm bikes like the 690, 950 sm have the larger rotor. All is working out just perfect. Just need to swap out rotors when using the wheel on each bike. Just want to add that if you're using the ktm wheel on the drz400s then there's no need to swap rotors. They're the sam size on both bikes.

Should fit straight in, i run my old ktm525 motards on my drz. the only mod is for the axel on the front if the wheels are running a 26mm axel.👍

Should fit straight in, i run my old ktm525 motards on my drz. the only mod is for the axel on the front if the wheels are running a 26mm axel.👍

this seems like a good idea! anyone thought about swapping out the bearings and spacer in the front wheel to the right size? i did this on my gsxr when i swapped it into a monster sleeper and needed different size bearings but later just switched to the gsxr1000 wheels

The earlier ktm's had a 20mm axel. Think they went to a 26mm one in around 03'ish. All i did with the front of mine was machine up a new set of spacers instead of buying bearings and a 300mm caliper bracket for a wr was used for the front brakes.👍