powder coating clutch cover

I'm thinking about getting my clutch cover and crankcase cover powder coated. The clutch cover is easy to get off, just a couple bolts (I've done it on other bikes) Is there anything more to take off the crankcase cover besides the bolts? and just wonder if anyone has had this done and if so how it holds up

thanks

The crankcase cover is easy to take off. Just remove the bolts but they are all different lengths so make sure to write down which one came out of which hole. Your gasket will probably be toast after removal too...so be prepared to buy one of those. Other than that, its pretty easy.

You will be very happy with the results. I did my clutch, and ignition cover, along with my rims and hubs

3221567036_fe22da34ab_o.jpg

3220717461_d3840a8cd9_o.jpg

3220737147_2d01aea33b_o.jpg

3288263579_36cf011c03_o.jpg

That looks pretty sweet.... Wish I had the time and money to get that done. How is the powder coating on the clutch cover and ignition cover holding up?

That looks pretty sweet.... Wish I had the time and money to get that done. How is the powder coating on the clutch cover and ignition cover holding up?

It's holding up amazingly well. I have over a full season on the clutch and ignition covers with almost no bare metal showing.

can we get a picture of what it looks like after a season? I too am looking to freshen up my ride and thought of coating. I'd like the entire bike done, but i know that's not practical. Anodizing the frame would be nice too. Our local soil eats the frame bad and stains it. Washing is a waste of time - we really have to scrub and i get the lazies from time to time like everyone.

can we get a picture of what it looks like after a season? I too am looking to freshen up my ride and thought of coating. I'd like the entire bike done, but i know that's not practical. Anodizing the frame would be nice too. Our local soil eats the frame bad and stains it. Washing is a waste of time - we really have to scrub and i get the lazies from time to time like everyone.

I will get some pictures this weekend and post them up for you.