Sign in to follow this  

2005 scorpa....??? HELP

Hello guys and girls.

I got a line on a 2005 scorpa sy250. $5000.00 FIRM

It's in great condiion and comes with the long range tank also.

It has 40 hours on it.....Is this alot for a 2005??? I'm new to the trials game.

Whats the opions on the bike and the price.

No trials dealer in the area(West Koots BC)...hoping this bike will be some what trouble free. I can do most things myself...but nice to have stealer help it i need.

THANKS for any help.

Aaron

That is way high on the price. I would be looking at around the $3,000 range for a 2005.

Keep in mind RT1000 is in Canada. Our bike prices are a little higher than yours. Still though, that seems a little high.

very high!ay,3500 american ay tops ay.i put a new top end every 40 hours on my kids race bike now being a trials bike thats different but none the less?ay:thumbsup:

very high!ay,3500 american ay tops ay.i put a new top end every 40 hours on my kids race bike now being a trials bike thats different but none the less?ay:thumbsup:

FESTER!! I didn't know you knew how to speak Canadian! 👍:thumbsup:

But your Canadian spelling needs some work.... It's "eh", not "ay" --- "ay" is "Pirate" talk.. (also spelled aye) Hmmmm... But on second thought, was that "Pirate" you were typing?? 🤣

Edited by 2PLY

Thanks for the heads up on the dealership with the 2008 for $5500. Nice deal.

How would the 250 four stroke compair to a 250 two stroke. I know in motorcrooss bikes you need about double the fourstroke to equal a two stroke---i assume it's the same with trails right????

Anyone else out there have some links or dealer with used trials please do reply.

THANKS

eh---->👍

Aaron

Aaron

I have a 2005 Sherco 3.2 for sale for 4300 obo.

Nice clean bike with no issues. The parts supply on the Sherco is much better than the scorpa but I don,t see any issues with either bike.

Kevin

PM if you would like pictures of the Sherco

in trials the 250 four strokes got tons of power.really it comes down to what type of power delivery you like.personally i like the quick reactions of a two stroke,but the 4 t crawls up slippery slopes that i have to push.fwiw kevs bike above is a nice piece too...check the trials canada site,high traction motorsports (bc)and e-mail pacific gasgas(van isle)(dave fair) for any leads

i like the 2-stroke power delivery for trials only,unless someday when 2strokes are outlawed for some lame ass reason then i would absolutely go scorpa 4-stroke because i am a die hard fan of yamaha as well as the new orleans saints!!!!!!!!!!!as for xtz the price on your sherco is too high as well,in this market you can pick up 07 bikes for that price!rt1000 take your time this is a buyers market and everyone will lie about how their bikes are clean,and how they were novice ridden and they have low hours....bullshit!armor-all and power washers work well on thrashed bikes,watch your ass and be smarter than the seller.shit economy =good buys for the patient buyer!!!nuff said,eh!

you can't compare usa to canadian prices.our msrp on bikes ,parts and insurance would give most south of the border a heart attack.

Not to mention that the demand for decent used bikes is good in this market

Any one know of any good american sites/dealer to look at used bikes???

I live close to the border and wit the dollar almost at par maybe i can find a good deal.

I have check Craiglist

THANKS guys.

Any one know of any good american sites/dealer to look at used bikes???

I live close to the border and wit the dollar almost at par maybe i can find a good deal.

I have check Craiglist

THANKS guys.

Come down to the next Puget Sound Trials event:

http://www.pugetsoundtrialers.com/index.htm

On the Home Page is the announcement for the next Trials at Walker Valley near Mt Vernon, WA on April 11. Should be plenty of bikes to see and quite often, bikes for sale that you can even test ride.. don't be shy, just ask.

Also, Skagit Power Sports is just north of Mt Vernon in sight of I-5 and if there are any bikes traded in, they will have them.

I see there will be a B.C. Trials the same day (April 11) at Ioco, B.C. and another on April 25 in your back yard:

http://www.trialsclub.org/cal10_cpta_only.html

Not sure if any are still available but Gas Gas had New Econ models for $5000.00 USD. Shipping is usually only a couple of hundred bucks. I would buy one of them before I bought a used 05.

Hello guys and girls.

I got a line on a 2005 scorpa sy250. $5000.00 FIRM

It's in great condiion and comes with the long range tank also.

It has 40 hours on it.....Is this alot for a 2005??? I'm new to the trials game.

Whats the opions on the bike and the price.

No trials dealer in the area(West Koots BC)...hoping this bike will be some what trouble free. I can do most things myself...but nice to have stealer help it i need.

THANKS for any help.

Aaron

I can’t comment on if the price is reasonable but I can tell you that the SY250 scorpa has a reputation for reliability. The engine is from Yamaha (as you probably know) and has been around forever.

The long-ride tank/seat is really good if you like to go on longer rides and/or playride.

The scorpa is not that aggressive, and a good bike to learn on.

I bought a 2006 sy250 longride last spring. I ride a lot (many hours) but I’m easy on the bike, just playriding. The bike has been very reliable.

I am told that spare parts can be hard to get. I don’t know for sure, I have never had to order any scorpa parts from a dealer. The few parts I have needed I have gotten from the local gasgas dealer and other sources, many parts on trial bikes can be the same on different brands, for example brake parts.