Sign in to follow this  

Xr 250 in Cambodia!!!

I am new to this forum but have become a big fan of the XR 250 since a trip to Cambodia with Camboenduro!! I have done trips to the Himalayas and southern india with Globalenduro as their Medic ,but Cambodia on an XR 250 Baja Blew me away!! We used Baja's and XR 250's for the 1800 km trip through the forests and jungle of Cambodia starting at Phenom Phen ending in Seam Reap. The bikes were just what was needed strong forgiving and very crashproof !!! They are easy to work on with none of the complications of watercooling and performed so well even in 40 degree C heat!! If you get a chance go and see Cambodia on a bike as its changing all the time and will become much more developed with the passing years . There are still 4 Million landmines out there and some 500LB undetonated Bombs still out there so stick to the trails!!! . I'm not sure if its allowed to put a link up to the trip but I can do if it is as there is a Gallery and short film/advert on the site .Since the trip I've got an XR 250 on its way to me via E Bay ,one of the last a 3000 mile 2004 model so I can relive the fun and get some training in for next years trip!!👍

wow, that sounds amazing. what does a trip like that cost excluding the flight there?

Cool man!! That's a hell of a way to tour a country... totally my style. I don't like generic boring touristy stuff... it's nice to be able to go at your own clip and have a more interactive trip. You should post some pics of your trip if you have any.

wow, that sounds amazing. what does a trip like that cost excluding the flight there?

Hi The cost through Camboenduro is £3495 including flights from London Heathrow .You can do it for about $100-$150 a day including hire of the bike on your own .Try www.camboenduro.com or www.cambodiaexpeditions.com I work with Globalenduro as one of the Medics on their trips and can thoroughly recommend the ENDURO Experience!! 👍