Sign in to follow this  

anyone know anything about popup campers?

Looks pretty good.

Things to check.

water pump

electrical inverter. (test 12 volt and 110)

stove.

have the seller open both sides and check for tears in the tents.

open the awning and check for tears

ck tires for cracks (I would probably change anyway)

bring a jack and roll the wheels and check for bad/loose bearings.

rust or water intrusion spots.

Any of these items can be repaired but may aid in your haggling abilities on price.

Good luck.

My first of the ground camping experience was with a tent trailer.

I did own a 72 Sherwood and it was great for what it was.

Good luck

Looks pretty good.

Things to check.

water pump

electrical inverter. (test 12 volt and 110)

stove.

have the seller open both sides and check for tears in the tents.

open the awning and check for tears

ck tires for cracks (I would probably change anyway)

bring a jack and roll the wheels and check for bad/loose bearings.

rust or water intrusion spots.

Any of these items can be repaired but may aid in your haggling abilities on price.

Good luck.

My first of the ground camping experience was with a tent trailer.

I did own a 72 Sherwood and it was great for what it was.

Good luck

thanks for the tips...

Another question.... since it doesn't have a heater in it.... is there some kind of propane heater i can buy for it?

Coleman use to have a heater that worked pretty welll...that was many years ago...

In addition to the list given before, other things to check for...

1) if there is no water pump and the water is "pulled" up using a hand pump method, make sure to try it...the diaphrams on mine dried up within a year.

2) check the propane lines for leaks, mine dried up (cracked) after several years of sitting in the sun.

Coleman use to have a heater that worked pretty welll...that was many years ago...

In addition to the list given before, other things to check for...

1) if there is no water pump and the water is "pulled" up using a hand pump method, make sure to try it...the diaphrams on mine dried up within a year.

2) check the propane lines for leaks, mine dried up (cracked) after several years of sitting in the sun.

has new water lines and gas lines.... electric all worked... its a pump sink... i didnt test it... hopefully it works.....only thing that didnt work was one of the turn signals... hopefully its just a bulb....

I ended up paying $1597 for it..... thats everything i had in my pocket.

Its in really good shape..... awning and everything is pefect...... it was clean too..... I guess his parents owned it since new.

The tires are original and have some dry rot so I will probably get new ones.... i think i can get them at tractor supply

Also it tows so easily with my Tundra..... didn't even feel like anything was back there....

I can't wait to use it.... April 15th is when i plan on camping in it for four days

Pull, inspect and repack wheel bearings. Replace if even remotely questionable. Small investment for a long life of worry free towing.

Pull, inspect and repack wheel bearings. Replace if even remotely questionable. Small investment for a long life of worry free towing.

yeah, i'll do that.. you think i can get them at like tractor supply

Also look closely at the canvas and any cushions (and under them) for any mold, mildew, or green goo growing.

The bad thing about tent trailers is that people just fold them up and forget them, and then they sit outside all the time in the elements.

Also look closely at the canvas and any cushions (and under them) for any mold, mildew, or green goo growing.

The bad thing about tent trailers is that people just fold them up and forget them, and then they sit outside all the time in the elements.

Yeah, we had to move all the cushions when assembling it, didnt see any green mold or rips anywhere 👍 Floor was solid....

Pretty good shape for a 17 year old camper.....

I have thought about buying a cover for it when storing it out side though....

They seem to be about a 100 bucks for a 10 foot popup....

One other thing..... i was thinking about getting a heater... was looking at those Mr. Heater ones.... big buddy possibly....

you can hook it to the propane line... i was thinking i could just plug it right into the stove line..

One other thing..... i was thinking about getting a heater... was looking at those Mr. Heater ones.... big buddy possibly....

you can hook it to the propane line... i was thinking i could just plug it right into the stove line..

I use a buddy heater in my travel trailer, make sure you have plenty of ventilation. If you have a regulator on the tank then you will not be able to hook it to the stove line. You need a high pressure line for the buddy heater.

I think i would just get a seperate propane tank for the heater...

also, my popup has a vent in the roof i could open

Actually ours sat more than it was used...the things that DIDN'T age or have damage were the canvas and skins...everything else went to hell!

Actually ours sat more than it was used...the things that DIDN'T age or have damage were the canvas and skins...everything else went to hell!

Yeah, but unless you're in NorCal, your climate is probably alot drier than most parts of the country.

After owning two tent trailers over the years about the only thing not said yet is open the whole thing once a month to let everything air out over a weekend. The mold will grow quickly if not looked out for.

After owning two tent trailers over the years about the only thing not said yet is open the whole thing once a month to let everything air out over a weekend. The mold will grow quickly if not looked out for.

Maybe because of the drier climate down here (SoCal) we never experienced mold of any kind. The thing shut up pretty tight, we never had a leak...except for the one time with the condensation on the canvas. "I didn't touch it!!!!"

I enjoyed my P/U trailer for several years, but it was newer(2004) and had a built in furnace for heat...

I'm so done with shivering in the cold during the night, so the furnace was a must!...I ran two Grp 27 batts and two 20 lb propane tanks with auto switch-over so I could run the furnace pretty hard and long if needed...

Mine was a factory off-road model, so it was lifted and rolling on 30" off-road radial tires...

Baja Tentrailer4.jpg