Sign in to follow this  

Moose Radiator Guards, 09 YZ250, one piece?

Are the Moose radiator guards for the 09 YZ250 (same for 05-09 I think) the "one piece" design or the "two piece design"? The two piece design is bolted together to make them easier to install...

Does anyone know who makes this style radiator guard that is "one piece"?

I've never seen a 1-piece "wraparound" type guard (I am assuming this is what you are talking about) that combines the features of the WC braces and the frontal protection of something like the Devol guards... I just run the WC braces and the stock fins.

I use CRD radiator cages on my 07' yz 250. They are similar to the Moose cages but are more of a one piece design than the Moose cages are. I like the CRD cages better than the moose cages that I have on my crf 250. The CRD cage are lighter by quite a bit and damn strong. I've used them now for 3 years and my radiators on the yz are just as straight now as the day I bought the bike. The only problem is, I'm not sure if they are still in business.

The Moose cages are stout. I've killed many a radiator until finally stepping up to the cages.

No frontal protection, but you will not crush another rad with these bad boys, for sure!

If you look at the Moose, MSD or EE guards the 4mm thick Aluminum sheet metal is cut out of flat stock and then bent at 90 degree angles on the left and right side of the radiator with the round bars in the front on the top and bottom. The two piece are made from two pieces of aluminum and bolt together behind the radiator. The purpose of the two piece is to make it easier to install. Note: If you got to ebay and search for Moose or MSR radiator guards, the pic that pops up is a one piece. I'd post a pic if I knew how...

I'm trying to find brand that are one piece, does anyone know who makes a one piece set?

Are you looking for the ones that are machined from a solid piece of aluminum like these? http://www.bulletproofdesigns.com/

They only sell for the YZ250 and the YZ450F (as well as the WRF). For those that ride mini bikes on the trail (YZ250F or YZ125) no luck. 👍

The description for Moose radiator guards states "Some bikes use a 2 piece design". I went to DennisKirk.com and looked at the pic of the moose rad guards for the 2009 YZ250 and it showed a 2 piece design. I called their tech support and they looked it up and the 2009 YZ250 Moose rad guard is a 2 piece design.

I think the 1 piece design would be stronger and a cleaner installation so that is what I'm looking for.

The description for Moose radiator guards states "Some bikes use a 2 piece design". I went to DennisKirk.com and looked at the pic of the moose rad guards for the 2009 YZ250 and it showed a 2 piece design. I called their tech support and they looked it up and the 2009 YZ250 Moose rad guard is a 2 piece design.

I think the 1 piece design would be stronger and a cleaner installation so that is what I'm looking for.

You're right. I just went out and checked and they are a 2 piece design.

Mine have been on for 3 years and no lost money on rads. I'm pleased with them.

Those Europe Yamaha look great, anyone try them? They look a lot lighter weight then the Moose.

I'm deciding between the BulletProofDesigns.com and these Yamaha Europe guards, any opinions? The Europe Yamaha ones look like they would provide more protection because they wrap around. The BPD guards only sit in front of the radiators and not really on the sides but I guess that is good enough for side protection??

Can anyone confirm that the Moose, EE and MSR guards are the same?

After extensively researching all the radiator guards and going to the KTM 2-stroke forum, I've decided to order the Bulletproofdesings.com radiator guards. My only concern is that they only bolt up on the front. I may fabricate a bracket to mount them in the back so they are more anchored if they take a big front hit.