Sign in to follow this  

Maryland Budds Creek Step Up.

Hey guys. I haven't raced at Budds in years. Trying to get an idea of what gear to clear the big step up in on a 250F. Looks like it might have grown since 2002.

Thanks for the help.

Big Gulp....on a 250f...i'd say 7th gear...start in the parking lot! Its pretty hard on a 250f...i could never get a good run at it with all the acceleration bumps.

Big Gulp....on a 250f...i'd say 7th gear...start in the parking lot! Its pretty hard on a 250f...i could never get a good run at it with all the acceleration bumps.

yeah but you are old and slow:moon:

depends on rider ability I have seen some kids hit it on a 125 pinger but haulin the mail and seat bouncin the $h!+ out of it

Really? I thought it was easier than that. Just a big commitment. Any one hitting it on a 250F?

yeah but you are old and slow:moon:

depends on rider ability I have seen some kids hit it on a 125 pinger but haulin the mail and seat bouncin the $h!+ out of it

well you got the first part right...lol

just make sure you tell me about how you couldnt hit the jumps at rocket sunday 👍

never had a 250f...but on a 125 4th, depending on how rough the track was determined how hard to seat bounce..lol on a 450..3rd or fourth no seatbounce..if thats of any help

never had a 250f...but on a 125 4th, depending on how rough the track was determined how hard to seat bounce..lol on a 450..3rd or fourth no seatbounce..if thats of any help

4th on a 250f as well:thumbsup:

Maybe if you need to know what gear to do it maybe you shouldn't be trying it.

Prob not that big of an issue now. Yesterday at Budds the ONLY guy doing it was the winner of +25 A class. He was on a 450. he was tapped and seat bounced it and still only got the back wheel to pass the point of No Return by a few inches. He spanked the +25 A class by 20 sec easy each moto.

Fontana was jumping it Sunday on his CR500 as well. I thought about it but was pretty sore from Saturdays races. Track was really choppy for my 1974 Maico with 4 inches of travel.

Good times though!!!!

anyone have any links to youtube videos of this hit? ive been looking but came up empty handed.

you guys arent talking about henry's jump I assume.

this is the first one i came across....its not henry hill...if you were standing at the tower and looking to the track it would be the big uphill to the right of henry hill if you google

"budds creek big gulp" theres a bunch of pics from the mx des nations...and there are some clear shots there of it..i dont have a photo hosting account or id copy and post em...sorry

Oh ok gotcha thanks. It looks almost more like an uphill double that could be turned into a monster uphill triple if you were really really cookin'. A lippier take-off could probably help too. Then again, if Chad Reed and those guys arent tripling it then who the hell am I to even talk about it or what it would take.

cant be turned into a triple. its a turn right after the hill after the landing. a lot of guys go down there because they carry so much speed and over compensate for the turn