Sign in to follow this  

Supercross Damon Bradshaw's 92-95 Factory YZ250

I have been hunting for pictures of the factory Yamaha's from 92-95 and haven't had much luck. Anyone know a good source?

Thanks in advance.

Tried there... nothing from those years.

I've done google image searches galore and have found surprisingly little. I'm trying to find pictures to base some graphics off of for my '08 YZ. I want to go retro with the white plastic and pink and purple graphics.

bradshaw.jpg

is it me or does that seat look as wide as a quad seat ?! 👍

Damon Bradshaw

He is from NC >> Claimed a lot of fame from riding Motocross and being from NC

Now >>> He claims Idaho as his home state.

Good Riddens from NC

Damon Bradshaw

He is from NC >> Claimed a lot of fame from riding Motocross and being from NC

Now >>> He claims Idaho as his home state.

Good Riddens from NC

Well, he claims Moorsville, N.C. as his hometown on his website.

http://damonbradshaw.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=104&Itemid=162

Residence: Star, Idaho

Hometown: Mooresville, North Carolina

Birthplace: Charlotte, North Carolina

Married: Angela

Kids: Dalton (10) Copeland (6)

Years Pro MX: 6 years Total 1989-1997, (1994-1995 Hiatus)

Thanks for the pics guys. The pic of Bradshaw in 92 is the exact bike I was looking for. If you guys can find more of those that would be great. I'm so excited I might have to go away from my 10 years with MSR gear and get some of the AXO retro gear from their website!

The photo is post #5 at the Houston SX is not in 1992. That is a 93 or 94 yz bradshaw is riding. Yamaha did a complete redesign of the of that bike between 92 and 93.

I would guess that the 2nd photo in probably in 1990 or 1991.

As for Bradshaw I saw him riding back in the mid 1980's when he was still on a yz 80. I was lucky enough to see him move up to the bigger bikes too while still in the amauter ranks here in NC.

The last time I saw him was just after the Charlotte SX in the mid 1990's during his "time off " from racing. He walked past me after the race and I asked him when he was coming back to race. He stopped turned around and with a shocked look on his face said "say that again"? I asked him again and he smiled and said "I don't know, I'm just taking time off to rest right now, but I appreciate you asking" All of a sudden fans were all over us yelling questions to him too and he looked at me and said " thanks again and he would see me later" he turned and was gone. Maybe Damon remembered my face from seeing me at the races when he was an amauter I don't know but I thought it was cool of him to just stop in the blue turn around and come back to talk to me. I've always been a fan of Bradshaw, and became a bigger one that eveing. As far as I'm concerned Damon is welcome backed here (North Carolina) any time he wishes.👍

The photo is post #5 at the Houston SX is not in 1992. That is a 93 or 94 yz bradshaw is riding. Yamaha did a complete redesign of the of that bike between 92 and 93.

I would guess that the 2nd photo in probably in 1990 or 1991.

As for Bradshaw I saw him riding back in the mid 1980's when he was still on a yz 80. I was lucky enough to see him move up to the bigger bikes too while still in the amauter ranks here in NC.

The last time I saw him was just after the Charlotte SX in the mid 1990's during his "time off " from racing. He walked past me after the race and I asked him when he was coming back to race. He stopped turned around and with a shocked look on his face said "say that again"? I asked him again and he smiled and said "I don't know, I'm just taking time off to rest right now, but I appreciate you asking" All of a sudden fans were all over us yelling questions to him too and he looked at me and said " thanks again and he would see me later" he turned and was gone. Maybe Damon remembered my face from seeing me at the races when he was an amauter I don't know but I thought it was cool of him to just stop in the blue turn around and come back to talk to me. I've always been a fan of Bradshaw, and became a bigger one that eveing. As far as I'm concerned Damon is welcome backed here (North Carolina) any time he wishes.👍

Any idea what year this might have been?

bradshaw68.jpg

Well, he claims Moorsville, N.C. as his hometown on his website.

http://damonbradshaw.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=104&Itemid=162

Thanks for that info. I had not seen that. I was looking at another website in which he talks nothing of NC and said he was from Idaho.

Thanks for posting that! At least he actually does claim NC as his home. 👍:thumbsup:🤣

Yes 1986 would be my guess for sure. Anybody got an idea where the track is he is riding at? From the tall pines and white sand I would say Montrose MX park in Raeford NC or Sandhills MX in Chesterfield SC, ( I saw him race these tracks many times) could have been taken anywhere in the southeastern US. Another guess would have been at the Mini O's in Flordia, I think Damon won the Bronze Boot there about that time too.

Any idea what year this might have been?

bradshaw68.jpg

Thats a 1987 YZ80 with a red shroud instead of the white one. The 1986 had a red frame and diffrent decals.