Sign in to follow this  

Washington Riding in Oroville WA

This July my family is stopping in Oroville for a couple days to dirt bike.

We will be staying at the veterans memorial park on Osoyoos lake i beleive.

We will have a bunch of bikes and 1 quad, and planning on taking the bikes to the spots by trailer.

Also looking for some single track, just for me 👍

Any help would be great!

I haven't been riding in Oroville exactly. About 15 years ago I did take a DR350 on a trip from Seattle to Glacier park and I went over Hwy 20 to Tonasket, then to Republic and rode around north of there for a day or so. I like the woods so that is what I stuck to.

Nice area. There was some single track, but I did not explore too far. It seemed like a lot of the trails that got too close to the border suddenly stopped. I would like to go back again.

Be careful. I saw loose horses and cattle on both trail and roads, and logging trucks and logging operations on the roads. Don't know if the logging trucks would still be there, but I bet the horses and cattle will be.

Also, you will want either a plated bike to ride on some of the public roads in the forests.

http://www.nmaoffroad.org/faq.html

Sorry I could not be of more help.

I've dual sported up that way for years, but don't know of any real trail riding opportunities. There's quite a bit of private land interspersed with the national forest. You will see lots of cattle, but I've never had any real problems with them. I hope someone chimes in on trail riding, because I too would love to hear where it is.

I have 20 acres/cabin over in Tonasket/Cayuse Mountain and will be over there heavily this year(new bikes finally!). There are so many areas out there that are desolate with dirt roads leading all over. Because of the extreme fire danger in the summers, these little roads go in all the hills so the DNR/State/County crews can get to the fires if needed. Our plan is to ride on our property and the hills/dirt roads that spaghetti out from our area. This also brings up the county/DNR issues, cause different areas have different rules, so know what you will be riding on. Last year we had a campfire that would have been fine in county land, but we found out that our property is on DNR protected land and it wasn't allowed, so we got a no questions asked $185 ticket even though we had 20 gallons of water sitting right next to it...not fun, but now we know. Once our property/local roads get boring we will probably get on the DNR/State ORV website and go explore a few of the designated roads/areas for ORV use - but they are far/few between. i don't know about Oroville, but there really is no enforcement other than the 2 Tonasket cops, various state patrol, and a random State warden or DNR guy. The lake areas up there are gorgeous(Wannacut/Palmer/etc) but I don't know how eager they would be to see a parade of ORV's rolling through.

Of anything, rule #1 if riding in this area is "Be Careful!" - it can be sketchy in a lot of places out there, with zero cell phone service, only one "larger" hospital in Omak and some shady people that hate "coasties" and any outsiders(so lock up everything you own 3 times over).

Speaking of fire danger (forgot about that) - make sure you have spark arrestors on your vehicles. Not only is it a good idea, on some land it is the law and you can be fined and kicked off the land.

ORV users are fine. Although there really is not much riding up here. The "coasties" that are "hated" are the greenies who come over, buy as much land as possible for the two weeks they actually spend here then try like hell and succeed at closing areas formerly open to hunting, fishing, riding, etc.

ORV users are fine. Although there really is not much riding up here. The "coasties" that are "hated" are the greenies who come over, buy as much land as possible for the two weeks they actually spend here then try like hell and succeed at closing areas formerly open to hunting, fishing, riding, etc.

Them, and the ones who come over and think were a bbunch of dumb @$$ hicks. I have ran into allot of attitude, riding in the Methow

The attitude goes both ways...My neighbors are pretty nice, and those that run the Barter Faire 1/4mile from my place have been good as well. For the most part it has been a nice experience having a place to go over there to escape this madness and get some sun. My uncle has lived and farmed in Tonasket for 25 years and I spent many summers helping him out. These days it seems different, and I sense a lot of hostility in town. It doesn't help when every single store I walk into I get the "you're not from around here" speech during check out or whatever...perhaps my Carhartt coat is too new looking or something...if it wasn't for that attitude in the bars and stores I need/want to patron there would be no issues...apparently the locals have been burnt pretty bad in the past?

Regardless, I love it over there. Now if I could only afford 20 acres in Cle Elum so I could ride the trails I grew up on...I miss those days the most, coal piles #9/#3, the ridegline roads, horse hills, the crazy stumpjumper parties, etc....

The attitude goes both ways...My neighbors are pretty nice, and those that run the Barter Faire 1/4mile from my place have been good as well. For the most part it has been a nice experience having a place to go over there to escape this madness and get some sun. My uncle has lived and farmed in Tonasket for 25 years and I spent many summers helping him out. These days it seems different, and I sense a lot of hostility in town. It doesn't help when every single store I walk into I get the "you're not from around here" speech during check out or whatever...perhaps my Carhartt coat is too new looking or something...if it wasn't for that attitude in the bars and stores I need/want to patron there would be no issues...apparently the locals have been burnt pretty bad in the past?

Regardless, I love it over there. Now if I could only afford 20 acres in Cle Elum so I could ride the trails I grew up on...I miss those days the most, coal piles #9/#3, the ridegline roads, horse hills, the crazy stumpjumper parties, etc....

You have family, on Mt Hull? I have not been to a Barter Fair in 20 years? still the same? I to have noticed the attitude up there, towards any stanger, and I'm from the southern part of the county????

You have family, on Mt Hull? I have not been to a Barter Fair in 20 years? still the same? I to have noticed the attitude up there, towards any stanger, and I'm from the southern part of the county????

My uncle used to live off Havillah Road just outside of town and had 200+ acres that he farmed alfalfa on. He has now sold that place and lives off of Crumbacher road between Riverside and Tonasket, his retirement pad. My property is off Cayuse Mountain Road about 1/4mi from the Barter Faire location. We avoided it in the past couple years but got a good group of friends over last year and went. It was truly insane, 25,000 people came and camped, sold out. There were some decent bands, a lot of people selling their stuff, and of course it isn't nicknamed the "beads and weed festival" for nothing - plenty of green in the air. I made $20 by letting some folks park on my land and walk over to the festival - and boy did that spark a money making idea in my head!! 👍

My uncle used to live off Havillah Road just outside of town and had 200+ acres that he farmed alfalfa on. He has now sold that place and lives off of Crumbacher road between Riverside and Tonasket, his retirement pad. My property is off Cayuse Mountain Road about 1/4mi from the Barter Faire location. We avoided it in the past couple years but got a good group of friends over last year and went. It was truly insane, 25,000 people came and camped, sold out. There were some decent bands, a lot of people selling their stuff, and of course it isn't nicknamed the "beads and weed festival" for nothing - plenty of green in the air. I made $20 by letting some folks park on my land and walk over to the festival - and boy did that spark a money making idea in my head!! 👍

Thats effing awesome! Like I said havnt been there since college, and it was for the "organic" part....lol. I have told my wife and some friends who have never been there before and looks like we might do one or both this year. I told them the spring one is more craft oriented and the late summer early fall one is more grown stuff. They really want to go, hmmm parking lot huh? 20.00?

This July my family is stopping in Oroville for a couple days to dirt bike.

We will be staying at the veterans memorial park on Osoyoos lake i beleive.

We will have a bunch of bikes and 1 quad, and planning on taking the bikes to the spots by trailer.

Also looking for some single track, just for me 👍

Any help would be great!

PM'ed you

Thats effing awesome! Like I said havnt been there since college, and it was for the "organic" part....lol. I have told my wife and some friends who have never been there before and looks like we might do one or both this year. I told them the spring one is more craft oriented and the late summer early fall one is more grown stuff. They really want to go, hmmm parking lot huh? 20.00?

Sounds good to me, I'll even let you guys park for free - hehe! One condition though, you have to bring your Camaro over and park it by my 69 Chevy C10 on the bluff so we can get some good sunset shots with them! I have been rebuilding this beast for the past 1.5 years and it's almost road worthy. It will be hauling the bikes back and forth...fast...👍

Only have a few more things to do(disc brakes/suspension/new tires) and it flying up Stevens Pass with 405hp/441ft-lbs of 383 fury! Hopefully I can keep my foot out of it and get 12mpg🤣

IMG_2747.jpg

I'm so low on the Camaro, I have a hard time just getting in my driveway, soooo sounds like a adventure, it was built to drive, not sit. More C10 pictures, the engine looks great!

For Barter Faire they grade the road, which is nice, and even on the worst rip/rap road days our Honda Accord can make the small trip off the paved road to our property no problem. But I fully understand if your Camaro has 4" or less of clearance that it would get sketchy at times though!

Get ready for picture overload...

Purchase Day:

1-1.jpg

3-1.jpg

2-1.jpg

Engine bay before:

IMG_0540.jpg

After:

IMG_2748.jpg

I have since install a new booster/master cylinder/prop valve and a new rear hardline.

Interior Before:

IMG_0496.jpg

After: Lots of time(6-8months) and photos not shown here to get it to this level.

IMG_1585.jpg

IMG_1029.jpg

Rustoleum rattle can metallic, clearcoated - $300 in the driveway paint job over the course of a month🤣

No more purple, finally, Wet sanding:

IMG_2340.jpg

Buffed the front corner to see shine. With enough time even rattlecan can look good!

IMG_2342.jpg

Entire panel was dented in, pulled it out, small amount of bondo, painted, cleared - still needs to be sanded/buffed

IMG_2333.jpg

About 16 hours of tape/prep/paint time in reconstructing a used(but much better) grill shell I bought off craigslist.

IMG_2328.jpg

Every bulb on the truck is LED's except for the headlights which are now upgraded clear lense H4's since photos were taken

4 way flashers on - nice and bright - new dash LED obviously as well

IMG_2484.jpg

And there is the whirlwind tour of the truck, and about 1.5 years of nights and weekends for my "frame-on", :thumbsup:driveway in the weather, restoration! I still have to get the disc brakes installed, spindles, springs, shocks, and some new tires put on it, and then for this year it will be done. Eventually it will be swapped to 5 lug with beefed up axles and some much nicer billet 20" wheels, but for now if I can just get it road ready for summer I will be set! 🙂

If you ever go to the drags up in those parts and see a candy red 1951 Bel-Air with a 500hp 434 roasting the tires in 3rd gear - that is my uncle!👍

For Barter Faire they grade the road, which is nice, and even on the worst rip/rap road days our Honda Accord can make the small trip off the paved road to our property no problem. But I fully understand if your Camaro has 4" or less of clearance that it would get sketchy at times though!

Get ready for picture overload...

Purchase Day:

1-1.jpg

3-1.jpg

2-1.jpg

Engine bay before:

IMG_0540.jpg

After:

IMG_2748.jpg

I have since install a new booster/master cylinder/prop valve and a new rear hardline.

Interior Before:

IMG_0496.jpg

After: Lots of time(6-8months) and photos not shown here to get it to this level.

IMG_1585.jpg

IMG_1029.jpg

Rustoleum rattle can metallic, clearcoated - $300 in the driveway paint job over the course of a month 🙂

No more purple, finally, Wet sanding:

IMG_2340.jpg

Buffed the front corner to see shine. With enough time even rattlecan can look good!

IMG_2342.jpg

Entire panel was dented in, pulled it out, small amount of bondo, painted, cleared - still needs to be sanded/buffed

IMG_2333.jpg

About 16 hours of tape/prep/paint time in reconstructing a used(but much better) grill shell I bought off craigslist.

IMG_2328.jpg

Every bulb on the truck is LED's except for the headlights which are now upgraded clear lense H4's since photos were taken

4 way flashers on - nice and bright - new dash LED obviously as well

IMG_2484.jpg

And there is the whirlwind tour of the truck, and about 1.5 years of nights and weekends for my "frame-on", :thumbsup:driveway in the weather, restoration! I still have to get the disc brakes installed, spindles, springs, shocks, and some new tires put on it, and then for this year it will be done. Eventually it will be swapped to 5 lug with beefed up axles and some much nicer billet 20" wheels, but for now if I can just get it road ready for summer I will be set! :applause:

If you ever go to the drags up in those parts and see a candy red 1951 Bel-Air with a 500hp 434 roasting the tires in 3rd gear - that is my uncle!🤣

Drags where? I dont get up north county much anymore, same for my Camaro, every light is LED, the headlights are also clear H4. I had a 67 C10 step side many years ago, and like a idiot I sold it (dont even mention the 56 Nomad I sold:banghead:), been looking for another one, but just cant seem to find one thats not to far gone or restored, over priced and needs changes dont by me anyway, so I just want a rust free, non beat to help C10 step side. I have a LS2 and 4L80E for it (it was originally to go in my Camaro, but the LS7 came up)👍, so you know how that goes, CHANGE ORDER:bonk:

ETA, I forgot awesome truck!!!!