My New Kitaco 115 SE Kit !!!

Thanks guys!! I'm really tempted to splurg for the Kitaco 11.5mm stroker crank!! Combined with the BBR 58mm bore Custom GPZ/KZ 550 piston= 150cc

Never the less, my conversion is blow'n to pieces!!! For a much over-do make over. I have to get'r done before Master of Mini's Mototown's Open practice April 10th!! Crunch time!!

Die'n to see you guys's rides finshed (Fireman/Dougtrip)!!

My bike is almost done.. Posted pics of it in my Tak post. I'm just waiting on my custom swingarm to get done, and mount up an oil cooler. I can't use the one I got on eBay, the fittings won't work at all, so I am going a different direction.

I'll fire it up Thursday or friday, and will take vido of it!!

All right you motor heads!

I started to gather some spec info on this kit...

Some shocking specs

12.5cc Cyclinder head volume

3cc.....Piston dome volume

10:1....CR with the stock stroke ?:rant:?

12.5:1..CR with the 11.5 stroke with the stock 115 piston

Camshaft

250* Duration .04

258" Lift

Both sides

• 3 weeks later...

Look What I got today!!

2009_0710100XR0007.jpg

2009_0710100XR0009.jpg

I didn't order the matching 145SE piston for the kit. I assumed the pistons (145) domes volume- would be a little smaller to keep the compression ratio in check with increased stroke volume. I should never assusme.... There is about 1.5mm difference in compression height. Hmmmm.. What-to-do?? lol!

2009_0710100XR0001.jpg

Piston at the bottom of it's 56.5mm stroke

2009_0710100XR0006.jpg

I also had the head machined for a standard 10mm plug. Instead of running the Special order $25 Denso 8mm plug. This also puts me on the right track if I do decide to peruse the Pister Pro FRD-EZ De-comp system (would require even more machining)

2009_0705100XR0019.jpg

2009_0705100XR0018.jpg

hey gman this is off topic on this thread but i was just wondering how you are measuring cam lobes mainly the lift im wondering about the bbr cam i have sitting in front of me , i took a caliper and measured the lobe my caliper is blinking with a low battery so it might be slightly off but it comes up with 26.93mm and 27.30mm is that different then what you came up with?

Not to sure there is anuf timing chain? (stock anyway) Planing a stack'n up some old head gaskets and see how it works out, need about 1.70mm/ .067"

Starting look'n at my GPZ pistons-take'n off another 1.5mm would leave about 1.6mm from the top ring to deck.

Always could mill 1.5mm off the Kitaco pistons outer ring.

• 2 months later...

The other format was like Lost In Space or the Twilight Zone! Danger Danger-Do Do Do Dooo!!?

O'man!! I haven't touch'd my lil conversion bike- sad but true- I got a little side tracked in this CR500AF conversion- Just finish'd it last week.

Hope'n to start work'n on the lil CR/XR over the next two weeks- I'll keep you guys posted- for sure ?

04' CR250 - 97' CR500

2009_0904100XR0084.jpg

2009_0904100XR0081.jpg

LOL Thanks ST -Ya Man, All me- except the TIG welding sub'd to fellow rider/local expert racer/ex TIG welder. This Conversion was the tits (super easy) - compared to my other two bikes...

Both the CR250 and the CR500 were/are in unbelievable condition. I've been sitting on this 250 for 4 years- save'n it just for this. Here is my build thread over at http://cr500riders.com/cgi/yabb/YaBB.pl?num=1270602099 not to sure if you guys can view pic with out being a member?

Drop'd off a few mis. items from the lil conversion to the power coater today. Look for updates in my conversion thread in the near future ?

Well worth the time to sign-up over at CR500 Riders. You are the man! Great job. But why cant we just be satisfied with a perfectly good stock bike??? LOL. You don't need to answer that. As you well know, I'm cursed with the same sickness.

Badass.