Sign in to follow this  

looking to get into pitbikes

I am looking at getting a pitbike just for goofing off with friends. I dont know what bike I want, I thought about decking out a crf50 but it is cheaper just to buy a pre built pitbike probably. I am mostly looking at the SSR's like the 125 A1 but I don't know much about the different models and was looking for some pitbike input on what I should buy, any suggestions?

I am looking at getting a pitbike just for goofing off with friends. I dont know what bike I want, I thought about decking out a crf50 but it is cheaper just to buy a pre built pitbike probably. I am mostly looking at the SSR's like the 125 A1 but I don't know much about the different models and was looking for some pitbike input on what I should buy, any suggestions?

Do Some Research To What Works For You. I Recently Got A Second SSR -sr125 They Are Going For Around 650-675 Shipping Included. I Have Manual 4 Speed On Both & Havent Had Any Isseus As Of Yet. 14"Front wheel & 12" Rear Bit Easier To Manuver VS The Smaller Wheel Bike To Me. & Im 250ish -5/11 Both Came With 800lb Rear Spring & Are Stiff ,But Ajustable Hope Anything I Blabbered About Helped Some???

4 years ago I found a Knock off 110 pitbike for $1 per CC. Loved it. Thrashed it with friends. Rode it into the ground for 2-3 years. Change the oil regularily and they are the MOST fun per pound of any vehicle in the world. Still ride that 110 every weekend around the backyard track with buddies. 4 years later, I have mended the swingarm and fabbed a new motor mount in 4 years and it still runs good. Change the oil and bust a wheelie. -BIG DAN:thumbsup:

Anything I get is going to look really tiny, 6'7 on a pit bike should be interesting:thumbsup:

what is your budget? The A1 is a great bike for messing around on and we have had alot of good feedback on it and the 110 dx. Let me know if you have any questions or if we can help.

thanks.

I'm basically looking for the cheapest decent pitbike and would like a 125cc preferribly, trying to keep it under $1,000. I don't need anything over the top but I do not wanna end up with a cheap P.O.S either

i would suggest E4 (10/12) wheels or the same bike E2 with 12/14 wheels

this is the best under $1 SSR 125

SSR110DX3 is very popular here , but if you have the extra cash go to E4

The A1 is a very good bike and we have had alot of good customer feedback on it. I would suggst to go with either the SSR A1,SSR 110dx,SSR E4, OR THE SSR B2. let me know if we can help.

I would love to have the B2 pro just for the better levers, i wish there was an option or ASV's came standard on all of them

I'm lookin at a pitbike for my daughter to ride. She had a CRF100, lost interest so I sold it. My younger daughter has a new KX100, which made the older one reconsider her interest in riding. The older sister is shorter than the younger sister, so sticking with the Honda's seat height is a must. I'm lookin at the Orion OPBS 29-125SE. 17in. front and 14in. rear wheels, 10.25hp, 31in. seat height. Looks really trick and seems like the suspension would be more capable than the honda's. Anybody have any experience with this brand/model?