TVTMA chili campout, bike demos mar 27-28

Don't forget the world-famous TVTMA chili campout this weekend. See the Events page at www.tvtma.com for directions to Chalky Buttes parking lot (near boise). There will be camping saturday night (free). Some folks may be camping friday as well. There will be kid's rides at 11 saturday and 1030 sunday (kids must be accompanied by an adult).

Carl's Cycle Sales, a longtime TVTMA sponsor and supporter will be on hand sunday with a new suzuki RMX450, CRF250x, one of the kawi minis.

Moto-Tech, Boise's own Husaberg, Husqvarna and Arctic Cat dealer will have a Husky and a Husaberg demo bike on sunday. If you're in the market for a new 4stroke, now's the time to find out how these bikes really ride.

Chili will be served starting around 1:30 on Sunday.

TVTMA is the Treasure Valley Trail Machine Association, a singletrack-oriented motorcycle club that does several trail work days every year to help keep Idaho's trails in better shape for all users. This year we will be sponsoring a Black's Creek work weekend in April, Lowman Ranger District Adopt-a-trail clearing weekend, a desert Fun-Run with prizes, and at least a couple other work weekends, plus a variety of club campouts, including a big trip to washington to sample some damper and less-technical singletrack.

Edited by llamaface

Don't forget the world-famous TVTMA chili campout this weekend. See the Events page at www.tvtma.com for directions to Chalky Buttes parking lot (near boise). There will be camping saturday night (free). Some folks may be camping friday as well. There will be kid's rides at 11 saturday and 1030 sunday (kids must be accompanied by an adult).

Carl's Cycle Sales, a longtime TVTMA sponsor and supporter will be on hand sunday with a new suzuki RMX450, CRF250x, one of the kawi minis.

Moto-Tech, Boise's own Husaberg, Husqvarna and Arctic Cat dealer will have a Husky and a Husaberg demo bike on sunday. If you're in the market for a new 4stroke, now's the time to find out how these bikes really ride.

Chili will be served starting around 1:30 on Sunday.

TVTMA is the Treasure Valley Trail Machine Association, a singletrack-oriented motorcycle club that does several trail work days every year to help keep Idaho's trails in better shape for all users. This year we will be sponsoring a Black's Creek work weekend in April, Lowman Ranger District Adopt-a-trail clearing weekend, a desert Fun-Run with prizes, and at least a couple other work weekends, plus a variety of club campouts, including a big trip to washington to sample some damper and less-technical singletrack.

Do have any start times for big kid's rides?

Do have any start times for big kid's rides?

That part isn't so well-organized yet. Why, you wanna lead one?

Probably around the same time as the kids rides. I'll try to facilitate the opportunity to hook up with like-minded individuals in smaller groups for folks that want to avoid the stop/start of group ride that gets too large.

That part isn't so well-organized yet. Why, you wanna lead one?

Probably around the same time as the kids rides. I'll try to facilitate the opportunity to hook up with like-minded individuals in smaller groups for folks that want to avoid the stop/start of group ride that gets too large.

That's what I'm talking about.?

including a big trip to Washington to sample some damper and less-technical singletrack.

Now that's funny.?

While I agree somewhat I'm sure we can both show each other some technical trail in each state. ?

If you harken way north to Cle Elum I have accommodations adjacent USFS trail heads.

Now that's funny.?

While I agree somewhat I'm sure we can both show each other some technical trail in each state. ?

If you harken way north to Cle Elum I have accommodations adjacent USFS trail heads.

I grew up in Yakima and am planning on showing these Idaho folks some Washington trails. We are going to stage out of the Little Naches and try and ride most of that stuff and hit the Taneum as well.

While I don't doubt that there is some technical stuff up north of Cle Elum, I can honestly say the Idaho trails are an order of magnitude more difficult than the average stuff in the Little Naches/Taneum.

While I don't doubt that there is some technical stuff up north of Cle Elum, I can honestly say the Idaho trails are an order of magnitude more difficult than the average stuff in the Little Naches/Taneum.

Completely agree. ? I'm talkin' 'bout Teanaway. Cabin is on Lake Cle Elum adjacent several trail heads. Actual alpine riding compared to those two.

Completely agree.? I'm talkin' 'bout Teanaway. Cabin is on Lake Cle Elum adjacent several trail heads. Actual alpine riding compared to those two.

I've heard there is some epic riding up there and need to sample it. The only stuff I ever rode in that neck of the woods is some of the Mad Lake/Mad River stuff.

I also rode in Roslyn and Ronald back in the day on the slag piles. Spent many hours hanging outside the Old No. 9 Tavern while my dad and his buddies enjoyed some refreshments. Then it was up to me and my young friends to herd all the drunk adults back to camp. ?

I've heard there is some epic riding up there and need to sample it. The only stuff I ever rode in that neck of the woods is some of the Mad Lake/Mad River stuff.

I also rode in Roslyn and Ronald back in the day on the slag piles. Spent many hours hanging outside the Old No. 9 Tavern while my dad and his buddies enjoyed some refreshments. Then it was up to me and my young friends to herd all the drunk adults back to camp. ?

Sounds like the old Pines Tavern up in the 8th St. trails . Usually 5-6 drunk guys coming out in the dark with one headlight .

Now that's funny.?

I'm not saying washington trails in general are less technical. I've seen pix and read descriptions of stuff, particularly GP, that sounds awesome, and I hope to get out there this year.

But these particular trails have been described to us (and pix shown) as narrow little strips of twisty dirt, suitable for all abilities.

Oh I could go on but that'd be a hijack of an Idaho thread.?

Carry on. ?

I watched a helmut cam on youtube that I think was teanaway...I have to say it looked as technical as anyplace i've ridden in Idaho...I am still

leaning to the right...

I have ridden some of the stuff West of yakima that was fun, but, not too

hard....

I am planning to attend the pilgrimage over to Washington and ride with BoiseDave. I was not able to attend the TVTMA meeting this month, where I understand that some details of this ride were discussed. What is the requirement for offroad stickers ect. ???? ?

Sounds like the old Pines Tavern up in the 8th St. trails . Usually 5-6 drunk guys coming out in the dark with one headlight .

I was one of those guys on several ocasions (ended up with a busted foot coming home from Pines one afternoon)

Shame the place burned down! Even though it ceased to exist as a watering hole years ago, it was still a landmark... now a pile of rubble.