A few simple jetting questions for modded 01.

Installed the Powercore 4 and Jet kit from Pro-cycle last night. Went with the stage 2 instructions to the letter. 4 down Needle clip setting, 2-1/2 turns pilot out and went with the biggest mainjet 170 I think? (I'm at work at the moment and forget wht the biggest jet that came with the kit).

Also ground down the weld bead in the header. Has UNI foam filter. Snorkle is off but the box is not cut yet. Understandbly ran like crap with too little air so I removed the airbox sidecover and went for a spin.

Was rideable but I'm sure I'm too rich. Roll on is OK(ish) and bike doesn't reach it's potential at wide open throttle with the occaional stumble if whacked hard.

My houghts are: This bike will get dirty so I'll cut the box tonight and put the sidecover back on. I'm at sea level so I'm guessing next size down on the main, go to 2 turns on the pilot (I don't have the extended screw it was left out of my order) and leave the needle alone. I'd also like to drill out theslide before I'm done with it.

It's my first DR and I'm not sure how sensitive they are to the more minor jetting adjustments. I don't want to do this 15 times till it's close Should I go more aggressive on the adjustment or should this be close.

And Yes I searched and there ws so much info that it made my head swim. And I thought the 2-stroke boards were all about jetting. Damm! LOL

Thanks!

If it is the Dyno Jet kit the instructions are all wrong. They go way to rich. Try third clip and 160 main. You can adjust the screw some, but 2 1/2 turns is too much in my opinion.

Thanks. Glad it's not just me. It seems like they are waaaay on the rich side. I'll give you #'s a shot.

i went 160 main 4th clip position down, ground the plastic spacer so it has a square edge so the needle cant sit "funny", drilled second hole in slide, cut top of air box, ground header, and gsxr pipe, my air mix is 1 turn out. i too am at sea level, no issues.

Got it! Pretty much mikey's setup but I had to go 2 turns on the pilot. I drilled the slide and cut the box. I didn't realize last night whaen i was running open box that the cover screws went into inserts though and I lost 3 of them last night so I had to tape it shut today. I hope those inserts aren't rare or anything.

Anyway, Wow what a difference over stock. That is a freaking gas! Thanks for the advice gents! Much Appreciated!

Yeh I took it down last night. Strange design. Just pushes the needle cock-eyed. Grinding the weld on the exhaust flange is the one that surprised me the most. I mean holy crap what a blob of weld. Completly wore out a a stone on my air grinder.

Everything is really breathing now.

Most CV carburetors that I've looked at lately are designed so that the needle sits offset in the needle jet bore. It it obviously intentional. My understanding is it minimizes the tendency of the needle to flutter back and forth with intake air pulses. Preventing the needle from rattling around in the needle jet will prevent premature wear of the needle and needle jet.

interesting...

i was following Jess's advice on trimming the spacer, he said he had contacted dynojet about it, but obviously they havent changed their instructions.

that spacer slightly ground flat then seated in the "moon shape" slot doesnt allow it to flutter around either. i tried it both ways by hand and the needle seemed to fit tighter with the space.

other thoughts?