now an electrical problem

Well finally got the bike to idle good (90 RM 250) yesterday. Put in new reeds, pulled exhaust valve cover off and noticed that the linkage was fluctuating at idle. Tightened the preload spring maybe 1/8 turn and that setlled down and replaced the worn TM with a PJ. Even with all the horror stories i've heard, I got a really good idle with the PJ.

Today I finished adapting a kick stand for it. Got it all bolted together and the D:foul:mn thing wouldn't start. Pulled the plug and no spark. Disconnected the kill button, no help so broke out the clymer and started checking the different components. All of the components checked out (Stator, CDI and coil) with an ohm meter. I even changed the plug wire:foul: So what I have now is a bike that makes a very small amount of spark. You cant see the spark in the day light, but when I turned off the lights in the garage, I can see a faint spark. I am thinking coil at this point, but has anyone else ran into this.

Well got it going, don't really know what the cause was. ­čĹŹ Took the coil, stator and CDI to a local shop. They put the coil on a tester and said it was good, but there was spark leakage at the ends of the wire. Said the stator was in specs and if you get at least a little spark, the CDI is probably good. Took it home sealed up the coil wire with an outer sheathing and silicone. Got out the dremel with a copper brush and cleaned every possible grounding point and connection. Hooked it up, and it fired 2nd kick. None of the wires are tied into place, so as it was running, I wiggled wires and tugged to see if there was any internal wire breaks. Everything worked fine, but I'm still a little nervous. Taking it to the desert for spring break, so I'll see how it holds together. I'm just glad its my backup bike