Sign in to follow this  

Where are all the powervalves?

Hi Folks,

I have been looking for a powervalve assembly for a 2002 or 2003 YZ250 for six months on eBay and Craigslist and have not found a single one. Usually I am very good at finding stuff on the internet. Are these prone to breaking or what is the scoop? I can find loads of powervalve governors and linkages, but no actual valves for anything newer than 1999 or 2000.

What gives? 👍

Any info is appreciated.

I don't know I think it has to do with that most of the time when someone sells a current model cylinder they have to sell it with out the power valves but I never see the valves just themselves for sell later?

I had to buy a damnaged 05 YZ 125 cylinder just to get a set of valves and the jug was damnaged to where it needs to be bored out to a 144 or a new sleeve.

I have the can't find power valves issue also so what gives you guys just hoarding them away just in case? safe deposit boxes? mailing them in for cash?

Hi Folks,

I have been looking for a powervalve assembly for a 2002 or 2003 YZ250 for six months on eBay and Craigslist and have not found a single one. Usually I am very good at finding stuff on the internet. Are these prone to breaking or what is the scoop? I can find loads of powervalve governors and linkages, but no actual valves for anything newer than 1999 or 2000.

What gives? 👍

Any info is appreciated.

Ebay and/or craigslist is not a reliable source of parts. Its always a crap shoot. You have to get a little lucky.

I know that I sold a cylinder a while back and left the powervalve in it. Its too much trouble to take off. Look for a cylinder that includes the powervalve assy.

Got lucky once on a PC assembly.. Ironically, it was posted the night I got home from breaking my bike.. 👍 The next one that broke, I had to buy OEM.. Waited for Ebay to save me for several weeks, and no dice!! Good luck.. BTW, Im also looking for one.. Im sure we'll be in a bidding war on fleabay in no time 🤣