Sign in to follow this  

2008.5 set up

hi guys, Just picked up a 2008.5 RM450 with low 24 hours on it. Have had the bike out 3 times now and love it. My only complaint at this time is the suspension set up. Front end is a little harsh and seems to be rebounding a little quick. As my new toy didn’t come with a manual I’m hoping someone can tell me what the stock settings are for both forks and shock along with what you guys found works best for settings? Im 195lb and a mid pack intermediate rider. Thanks in advance.

I'm about the same size and speed, for me the rear shock is almost perfect with stock settings, but the front is too soft and could bottom easy. Go with stiffer springs, after that spin the clickers till you find YOUR setting. As a long time MXA reader, i trust their reviews and settings. If you compensate soft springs with stiffer valving, it will feel harsh.

I agree with grogarage, change the front springs to a 49 it does not cost much and made a big difference.

I changed the fork springs to .49 and I am 215Lbs. It made a big difference. Play with the oil volume to get it to be smooth. I went with 10 CC less then MXA had listed but bumped the compresion one more. Helped the mid stroke very well and still keep it from bottoming easy.