Sign in to follow this  

How hard is it to remove wheel lugs?

How hard is it to remove wheel lugs? What tools are needed? How hard are they to intsall? Which tools are needed to install them? Who has the best price on fork legs? Its for an 07 yz450f stock kyb.

Remove wheel lugs from what vehicle?? Since motorcycle wheels don't have lug nuts, it must be for a car, truck, trailer, or......?

I had to replace a tube recently, I bought a new one from DaveJ @ smart performance. He told me they come preassembled from kyb. I think my non-brake side tube was around $190 for my yz.

A friend of mine has recently ordered a lower Showa fork leg. They say it comes with the lug (axle holder) installed.

We shall see...

Yamaha sells the lower tube and axle lug as an assembly only. The lugs can be removed by removing the lock screw on their interior side and unscrewing them from the tube, but the question then becomes whether there's any point to doing so if you can't get the parts easily. Your only option would be used stuff, and it's my understanding that the parts aren't that easily disassembled, either.