Sign in to follow this  

best 250 2t..03 and newer

I am looking for a 2003 or newer 250 2t. Price range is $3000. I am kind of partial to ktms and hondas. I was wondering if any brand actually made a stand out model in any certain year or if there is any certain brand or model to stay away from. Any opinions would be great. Bike will mainly be used for moto. But not limited to just that.

Also I hear lots of people talking about yz's. But Ive never really been a yamaha guy. Can someone give me some info on the yzs

For 3 grand you can get into a '06 yz250. That gets you the SSS forks and the 18mm shaft shock, with the nice internal coatings. The yz is a great all around bike. Motor has great broad power, and has proven very reliable.

My second would be the rm, The rm has a little sharper handling so if mx is what you do, then it might be perfect.

Thanks for the input. I am more of a handling than motor guy. But I wouldnt mind riding a newer yz to see what they are about now. The last yamaha I rode was an 03 125

ive had an 03 and a 05 cr250 ive also had a 2006 kx250.

ive just recently picked up a 03 yz 250 that i got for a real good price and i will never go back to antother 250 smoker thats not a yammie

i was so impressed with it that i went out and picked up a brand new left over 2009 yz 250

id strongly suggest riding a 06 or newer yz if your looking to buy a 250 2t for mx

Thanks for the input. I am more of a handling than motor guy. But I wouldnt mind riding a newer yz to see what they are about now. The last yamaha I rode was an 03 125

Try the YZ against the RM then just to be sure.