Sign in to follow this  

Another shock bleeding system, vacuum pump, scheme, pics inluded.

Hello,

it's my turn to do some tools for quality shock servicing. I have read almost all the threads in TT, ant KTM-Talk, but still would like to consult.

Scheme:

IMG.jpg

Equipment:

vacuum_pump.jpg

Will this work?

Maybe someone have schemes of fittings in shocks?

Thanks in advance!

Greetings from Lithuania, Tadas.

In your setup there's no way to degas your fluid before you add pressure.

Just stick with one tank trust me it works great with one tank.

In your setup there's no way to degas your fluid before you add pressure.

Just stick with one tank trust me it works great with one tank.

I agree, I still don't understand the need for check valves "except" for the vac line....to keep from pulling fluid from the pump.

I also use a single feed line and I had no problem with getting a air free bleed.

Hi, thanks for suggestions, i think, that i will make like you offered. same vac/feed line, 1 tank. The stand for this one is made. I need to connect everything, and test with some shocks. 👍

Will post some pictures later.

Regards, Tadas.

this system is set up for wp shocks and requires that you pull the needle and use an adaptor to flow through the clevis to the bleed port .by alternating the red valves you change the direction of flow once all the fluid has moved through the shock to the other res .as its shown the valves are in the storage position and the vacuum is equal in both res. by adding air pressure to the small brass vent pots on either side it can also function as alternating pressure /vacuum unit

bleedpump2010.jpg

Edited by husqy510

wont the clear tubes blow off?

no . you cannot pull this urethane hose off these barbs ,it has to be cut off .even though these containers are rated at 125 psi working pressure i would not run it at more than 25 to 35 psi anyway without a cage around these lexan containers .