Sign in to follow this  

250sx input wanted

I am thinking about making the jump back to a smoker, most likely an 09 250sx with a 300 kit. I mostly ride motos and currently ride a crf450. My biggest concerns going to the ktm is the forks and the handling. I hear the forks can blow seals quite often. Looking for input by someone who rides a 250sx on the track. Thanks for any input.

The thing about a KTM is you have to take some time to set the suspension up with proper sag height and spring rate for your weight and riding style. A couple of issues back in Dirt Rider they had a great write up on the 010 250sx and said it was the most fun bike they had ridden in along time. There insn't a better 2-stroke motor out there and KTM has tamed the power delivery down a little and now its about perfect. And I have built SXs for AA offroad guys so its a versital bike. And fork seals blowing I have never heard that as a problem at all. Its a great bike.

If used the TC forks for two years with no problems, also have a 2010 I've just started riding off road, the only issues the forks had was stiction, and that's long gone in 2010.

The bike is a hoot.

My 09 250 sx has been through a full season of harescrambles in the muddiest conditions I can remember, and no seal problems, or any other problems. Mine bike was revalved for offroad, but I would try the stock set up first if you are a track rider.