Where Do I plug accessories into wiring Harness on 09 dr650?

Directly to the battery, with a fuse on the positive wire close to the terminal on the battery. There is a spare plug in the front harness but it is too small of wire gauge to safely support even the grip heaters. It will work, but it's not smart to do.

Edited by LukasM

+1 on running a decent size fused wire. While your there a relay for the headlight is not a bad idea.

Fuse the ground side?? then a short in the hot side will go thru the frame and bypass the fuse. fuse should go on (+) side close to battery. Or do you guys on that side of the pond have positive ground?

+1 on running a decent size fused wire. While your there a relay for the headlight is not a bad idea.

Fuse the ground side?? then a short in the hot side will go thru the frame and bypass the fuse. fuse should go on (+) side close to battery. Or do you guys on that side of the pond have positive ground?

You are of course correct, brain fart on my side. Strangely enough ground is still negative over here. 👍

Hey it's early (here)

I have an old tractor with (+) ground, no jumping that until after coffee even then I always do a good arse scratch before hooking the cables up to the (-) ground truck. Also need to make sure they aren't touching each other or you get a good light show

assuming the GPS is colse to a phone charger draw, you should have plenty of wire for that. Just keep in mind it can't be used like a regular cigarette lighter outlet in your car (no spotlights). There is also a 2 way connector under the left side cover. This goes on and off with the ignition. all those wires can handle a few amps safely, a cell phone charger is less than 1 amp

Yeah, no lights, heated grips, or heated jackets. I basically just want to charge a cell phone, IPOD, or run a small screen GPS. The tag light is obviously switched. I'd like to have a non-switched leg to be able to charge things while I'm parked, but I don't want to start cutting into wiring to much.