Sign in to follow this  

Washington Planning a Trip To Central/Eastern WA

Hey guys,

Just looking for a little local info on good riding areas in central/eastern Washington. I'm planning a trip there for the first part of May with a couple friends. We are hoping to do some camping and trail riding over the weekend. I'm an experience trail rider, one of my buddies will be on a quad and the other is a new bike rider. We would like to go somewhere you can camp and ride in the same place. Non-campground camping would be prefered. Any suggestions where to go would be appreciated. Thanks guys!

Too bad you are bringing a quad along. I can only think of Mattawa and Juniper Dunes that would allow the quad. Please don't try to destroy our little bit of singletrack with it. I kinda doubt the trails will be cleared completely by then anyways.

VSEK I hope you are joking! LPO and Batey are both strictly singletrack and we sure as hell don't need any more quads wrecking the trails. Come on man.

Think about quads at Mad River, Taneum, or Gifford and you have created the equivalent.

May is a little to early to get up very high like at Taneum, but you could try Naneum ridge outside of ellensburg, mattawa, beverly dunes, moses, tri cities has some riding to.

VSEK I hope you are joking! LPO and Batey are both strictly singletrack and we sure as hell don't need any more quads wrecking the trails. Come on man.

Think about quads at Mad River, Taneum, or Gifford and you have created the equivalent.

No, I wasnt joking...all kinds of overgrown fireroads out there perfect for quads. Maybe what I discovered was of the beaten path but mew and my brothers found tons and tons of it

I know every inch of the woods around here. Yes there are tons of fire roads, most of which are closed legally to ORVs. My point is you sent him a link to two singletrack only trail systems and suggested he visit them. If it weren't for the quad, it would be an excellent suggestion. The truth is if someone takes a quad up there it will get ridden. You and I both know quad riders can't read signs 👍

Green Dots road system near the petrified state forest near Vantage WA. It's a road system that allows quads.

try Concunully....very quad friendly.

Hate to say it but I have seen Cougar Ridge trail in the Mad River getting wider. Next thing you know they will be going down "the WALL". 👍

TONY

Hey guys, thanks for the responses. Don't worry, I'm a very consciences trail rider, so we won't be going anywhere we shouldn't. That is one of my pet peives is people doing dumb stuff that get riding area's shut down.

Quads are legal on the 4W roads on Manastash Ridge south of Ellensburg as well as the Green Dots in the LT Murray system in the same area. Get a map from the Cle Elum ranger district for the 4W roads and a Green Dot map from the DNR.