Sign in to follow this  

Crf250x More Power For Free

is there anything else i have crf250r can, 05 r cam, pink wire, open airbox, its going pretty good right now but my gearing is 14/53 i cant get it to do a wheelie in 4th gear it bearly comes up

45 pilot

142 main

55 leak

anyhelp thanks

A better flowing exhaust is a good start. Also your main jet seems small unless you are at a very high altitude.

I would consider going with a larger main...something like a 165 ...I bet you will feel a difference. Besides that ...nothing is cheep or free. higher compression piston, ported head.etc.

forth gear wheelie's are a tall order for a 250f of any brand. Unless your talking about wheelie's when you stand up and lean back. Its should do that in stock form. If you want to crack the throttle and it comes up , you better get a 450f. I'm at sea level and when my 05 250f was ccc moded like yours with my baffle removed I was running a 162 main. Good luck !!

having a small main jet will not cause it to cut out in most cases, it may cause it to run flat or just not up to its potential. My personal set up is a 2004 CRF250X. CCC mods, 06 R cam, 05 R head pipe and silencer, PMB end cap, and pink wire mod. I have 165 main, 42 pilot, and 55 leak. I ride at 250 foot altitude to around 1500 feet. Bike rips and has no bog or hesitation with out the AP mod. In 4th gear I can pull the front wheel off the ground if I lean back and I am in the meat of the power band. I am not yanking it and in no danger of looping out but wheeling over ditches and woops are not a problem.

Borrow parts from your friends! 👍

My 05 X in stock form and the CCC mods ran great with a 155 and the stock needle (NVCT if I remember correctly, the T is the important piece, I think the Cal. bikes use a V) with a clip setting of 3 the spark plug would be nice and brown, on the fourth clip it would turn black.

I just did a bunch of mods so I am figuring out my jetting.... it sure rips with the new mods... but it wasn't cheap.

First thing I'd do is do the AP mod and put a 42 pilot back in. I don't think there is any reason for a 250 X to have a 45 pilot jet. Long story short, I was getting some major popping on decel so I put in a 45 pilot jet. The 45 was purely masking the AP squirt issue. I did the AP mod, and put the 42 back in and the bike was waaaaaay better off. I'm not sure if you'd even use a 45 pilot jet with a big bore kit on these bikes.

I get a little tripped up here so maybe someone can help me. I'm using a 165 main jet from the JD jet kit with the mods that I have.....I don't know what the JD 165 main jet equals for regular jets, but if you are at sea level to 3,000-4,000ft you can get away with running a larger main jet as long as you aren't in a place with lots of humidity.

i put in the 45 bcuz it was decel popping also it goes fine now put still pops a little, exaust isnt leaking but i decided to just leave the jetting alone its brown so its good enough for now i got a 13 tooth sprocket and a new plug bcuz i forgot to get another one this year if a get a bigger main im probably gunna just put like a 148 in from a 142