Stuck on what to choose..

Hello, im currently stuck on what to buy, I've read through forums with similar questions but no real straight answer, which maybe there isn't. Im currently on a 150r and is just to small for me, and wanting more power. i dont do much track stuff and stick mostly to trails, but nothing to technical or anything. Its just that im constanly have the throttle pinned just searching for more power. My question is do i just step up to a 250, or go for the 450? im just concerned that i buy the 250, and then want a 450 shortly after. what are your guys opinions that have had a similar experience??

Isn't that how it always works out? Once you get more power, you always end up wanting more.

Have you ridden a 450 before? Do you have access to both sizes of bikes that you could try and see what you feel more comfortable with? Going from 150 to 450 is going to be quite the difference in power, and not really one I would recommend unless you have been riding full size bikes for a little while. I would get the 250.....and when the time comes, step up to a 450. It's just a huge jump to go from a mini to an open class bike.

If you ride easy fun trails, fire roads and atv trails, maybe you could look into the drz400e. much more forgiving than the 450s, but still a huge difference from the 150r that your board with. And if you got an S model, it wouldn't be a waste cuz you could ride it on the road if you so choose. just sayin...

i had a 2005 kx100 for 1 year and already needed more power. So heres how it started lol, i was obssesed with the yz250f or yz125, so before a ride day i broke my clutch cable on the kx so we went to the ktm dealer to see if they had the same size wire (dont ask why ktm dealer) and of course they didnt.. but the retailer said hey look at this bike (of course they try to get buisness) it was a KTM 200xc half trail/ half mx bike. 48hp as much as the 4 fitys, but easier to ride imo. so next week it was rollin in the back of the truck to the house-

The bike is amazying, and because its a 2 stroke doesnt mean you have to do alot for it. my bike has 75 hours on it STOCK! NOTHING has broken on it from poor design, although i did blow the fork seals but thats because my D dad compressed the forks ALL THE WAY because hes dumb lol.

best bike i have ever ownd, the power delievery is so unusall, its all bottom to mid, and some high. 250 bottom end 125 top is what they say.

i highly reccomend this bike, im 14 5'5 130IBs and LOVE IT

KTM 200 is just a great bike..

DRZ400's heavy,

450's probly not what your looking for (correct me if im wrong)

and a 250 sounds good too.

4t?>WR250F--excellent at both trails(mostly) and track a bit

2t?>ktm200-- excellent at both trails(mostly) and track a bit again..

depends on your stroke preference

If I were you I would get a kawasaki ke100. They are the best bikes ever made, plus you can add a huge turbo/intercooler setup and make upwards of 100hp at the rear wheel. If you lighten the internals they will rev to 300k rpm. I have one and it walks all over busa's... Did I mention it's also street legal? So you can ride up to walmart and pick up all the fine honeys. ???:applause::jawdrop::cheers::crazy: :crazy: :blah:?:doh::usa: :usa: :uk:??:D?:banana: :banana: :banana:

If I were you I would get a kawasaki ke100. They are the best bikes ever made, plus you can add a huge turbo/intercooler setup and make upwards of 100hp at the rear wheel. If you lighten the internals they will rev to 300k rpm. I have one and it walks all over busa's... Did I mention it's also street legal? So you can ride up to walmart and pick up all the fine honeys. ???:applause::jawdrop::cheers::crazy: :crazy: :blah:?:doh::usa: :usa: :uk:??:D?:banana: :banana:

Yeah then you stopped daydreaming and crashed your QR50. :banana:

Anyway to the point, i went from a crf150f to a 07 TE450 and can handle the power fine, but i mostly ride wider tracks, some st but not that much and its perfect.

id go with the 450 i went from a 230f to a 450 and just took some time time to get used to the bike and now i love it.... if you go with the 250y ou will be on the rev limter all the time.... your better off having extra power and not using it than constanly wanting more power