No Powerband in second gear

Hi guys i have a 1999 rm 125 powerband hits well through every gear except second. It will hit sometimes in second gear but when it doesnt it kinda bogs not really sure how to describe it, dont know whats going on, i just rebuilt the top and bottom end wondering if that has something to do with it. see if you can help me out. Thanks

power valve clean and connected correctly? Clean the carb, make sure the float height is correct, And see what jets are installed. Might have the main to rich. Check all these and leave the jetting alone. Still does it go down on the main one step at a time. Its easy since there is cap on thebottom of the carb.

the carb is clean and the power valve is correctly coneted. My bike does run very rich though but i am not sure if i should go smaller on the pilot or the main. My pipe after a ride has black spooge all over it.

It does seem big for a 250 but since a 125 creates less vaccum to draw fuel thru it requires a larger main jet, plus he is talking Mikuni jets not Keihin.

Pro circuit guide says Keihin PWK was stock on RM125's until 2001 so more likely you need Keihin jetting specs unless bike is newer than you think

Here is Pro Circuit recomendations for 2001 Rm125 (Mikuni)

RM125 460 27.5 3RD 1 1/2 5.75

Pro Circuit 430 STD 2ND 1 1/2 STD

Here they are for 1999 Rm125 (Keihin)

RM125 180 55 1469M 4TH 1 1/2 55

Pro Circuit 165 STD STD 3RD 1 1/2 STD

It does seem big for a 250 but since a 125 creates less vaccum to draw fuel thru it requires a larger main jet, plus he is talking Mikuni jets not Keihin.

Pro circuit guide says Keihin PWK was stock on RM125's until 2001 so more likely you need Keihin jetting specs unless bike is newer than you think

Here is Pro Circuit recomendations for 2001 Rm125 (Mikuni)

RM125 460 27.5 3RD 1 1/2 5.75

Pro Circuit 430 STD 2ND 1 1/2 STD

Here they are for 1999 Rm125 (Keihin)

RM125 180 55 1469M 4TH 1 1/2 55

Pro Circuit 165 STD STD 3RD 1 1/2 STD

where did you look that up at? Be curious to see what they recommend for my 06 250

sweet we have the same bike. alright these are the jets i have for my bike, it runs avgas though so it might be leaner than you want... neverthe less that does sound strange, was it running fine before you took it apart? Is it second gear or how much your reving the bike? you might have put in a wahser or gear in backwards that causes extra friction in second gear. on the rear shaft the gear on the end will initialy fit in either way but if you put it in backwards it will cause the bearing the spin, or the scrape against one of the gears (i forget which one).

168 main

stock pilot, which i believe is 55, ill check my manual on that one

mixture screw 1.5 turns out

stock clip postion