02 RM only popping while kicking

Ok, so the other day I started my 02 RM 250, I was letting it warm up, and forgot to turn on the petrol. It ran out, and I finally turned it on. Then tried to start it, only thing it will do now is "pop" when kicking it over every 10-15 times, even with a touch of starting fluid. I put on an extra good coil and CDI, and a new plug. I have good blue spark, and good compression. I took my Boyesen reed off, and behold, a carbon fiber reed was bent open, so I took it apart and cleaned it, and gave it a flip. Now it seals. I put it all back together, and now it still does the SAME "POP" every 10th or so kick. I also advanced, and retarded the timing, and does the same "POP". Any suggestions? Stator was replaced last fall. Cheers, from Detroit.

-Today it doesn't even backfire. Anyone think the compression might be too low? I oiled the cylinder because I think it got washed, it seemed to help, but I am running out of options here...

Ok, so I did a pressure test, had 30psi. Took head and jug off, piston was toast. Need a jug and piston!

Edited by Detroittriumph
new ocurrances

Is float set correct in carb? It may be getting too much gas and flooding. The shut off valve may not be sealing and turning off gas when bowl fills. Can you smell a strong smell of gas at the exhaust? After checking carb, put in new plug, turn on gas to fill carb, turn off gas, and try to start. You may have to hold throttle open to get it to start if flooded. Don't forget to turn the gas back on when started!