Sign in to follow this  

XR650R stalling

OK I have a 2000 XR650R that stalls then the bars are turned to full right lock. I know its probally a short but any ideas where to start looking?

On the R the engine is stopped by earthing the BL/W wire from the ECU. The kill switch does this by shorting the BL/W & the Gn wires. Green is the earth. All the wires converge behind the headlamp. Trace the wires from the kill switch on the right bar and disconnect it. Then start the motor and see if the engine still dies when the bars are turned. If it does it rules out the switch and wires from it. Check where the loom passes round the left side of the headstock and down the top frame rail for rubbingthrough or shorting.

It's the decomp kicking in i'd say.

Yep I agree. This has happened to me. It was on my XR6 after I fitted new bars and changed the position of the decomp lever . Everytime I turned right it stalled. Easiest way to check is to turn the bars to the right and look at the decomp bracket where it comes out the motor. Any movement and theres your problem.

cheers

Wow I hope its something as simple as the decomp being out I did move the handlebars and I did adjust the lever so I hope i adjusted it too far. Thanks for the advice Ill check it out tomorrow.

👍 Just to let you guys know It was the decomp cable. Thanks for saving me hours of testing wires and probally cursing them a few times too.

😏 Just to let you guys know It was the decomp cable. Thanks for saving me hours of testing wires and probally cursing them a few times too.

Send weskc35k some fuel, vp112 will do.😛

Well, at least a teaspoon of cheap Toluene.😏

weskc35k reminds me of Mad Max....I want fuel damnit..😛