What's a good price to pay for this 04 DR650?

How about the ground clearance thing? At 5'7" I'm guessing I shouldnt be able to plant my feet flat on the ground. At least I wasnt able to on my 86KLR. Do they make some kind of lowering perch for the spring that might have been done. Would like it to be at stock height minimum.

Hey at 5'7" this is the DS bike for you if you want something bigger than a 230cc. You can drop the height on this bike big time with a gel seat, lower rear shock setting and rasing the front fork tubes. As far as the price, I think you ca do better. I paid $4,500.00 for a new 09 plus of course tax tag and fees.

Look up the values on KBB and work it from there. It's basically the same bike as the current production except for the colors.

I guess what I was trying to say was that I actually liked the higher ground clearance I had with my KLR and was used to it having owned and raced 125+250CC motorcross. Just seemed kind of low even for my height. Was wondering if the bike had maybe been lowered by the previous owner as I just want something of "stock" height. I think I'll check out a 09 today to compare.

As far as price the lowest 09 in this area showed 4600 with tax I thinking closer to 5K out the door. I think if I could get this for 3K OTD it would'nt be to bad of a deal given the low miles and condition.

The spec I found on the 09 was 10.8 " ground clearance. Honda shows 13" on their 650!

You can check the rear for lowering by looking which hole the lower shock mount bolt is in. If it is in the higher hole the bike has been lowered. The front end is not a visible thing, it is a 2" donut on the bottom of the spring stack (if lowered) instead of the top. One visible clue would be the fork boots will looked a little squished even when topped out. I think mine which is lowered has about 10" of clearance to the frame

I think 3K for a couple year old DR in real good shape is a decent price. if it has been offroad much, not sure I would go that high, just because chains, sprockets bearings... add up

You can check the rear for lowering by looking which hole the lower shock mount bolt is in. If it is in the higher hole the bike has been lowered. The front end is not a visible thing, it is a 2" donut on the bottom of the spring stack (if lowered) instead of the top. One visible clue would be the fork boots will looked a little squished even when topped out. I think mine which is lowered has about 10" of clearance to the frame

I think 3K for a couple year old DR in real good shape is a decent price. if it has been offroad much, not sure I would go that high, just because chains, sprockets bearings... add up

Thanks. That's the info I was looking for.

I guess what I was trying to say was that I actually liked the higher ground clearance I had with my KLR and was used to it having owned and raced 125+250CC motorcross. Just seemed kind of low even for my height. Was wondering if the bike had maybe been lowered by the previous owner as I just want something of "stock" height. I think I'll check out a 09 today to compare.

As far as price the lowest 09 in this area showed 4600 with tax I thinking closer to 5K out the door. I think if I could get this for 3K OTD it would'nt be to bad of a deal given the low miles and condition.

The spec I found on the 09 was 10.8 " ground clearance. Honda shows 13" on their 650!

Forget the Honda. Don't get me wrong I'd love to be able to ride one but unless your 6'++, it will suck bad off road if you need to put a foot down not to mention stops on the street on an angled road. I did the tippie toe thing with a DRZ that had a 38" seat height after proper offroad sag adjustment. That really sucked. Heavy tall bikes really suck if your not a giant!