Trailtech flywheel on a 470

No loss of low end tq. The difference is when you are actually engaging the clutch, or maybe at idle. Think about it, the engine has less work to do to spin the flywheel.

I know someone is going to say otherwise....

I have a light flywheel on my 396 97 Camaro, and had one on my 91 MR2 Turbo. I put a lightweight flyweel on it, and even though people said I'd loose low end tq, and loose turbo spool, it made the car accelerate effortlessly. I had greater spool, more low end tq, and made it even more fun to drive.

Anyway, I want to put a trailtech flywheel on the bike, but haven't yet.

OK, let it begin ?

Steve

does not affect the actual power out put of the motor.

simple adds or subtracts inertia effect.

lighter revs quicker but would be easier to stall.stalling isnt really a issue with the drz as even the light flywheel is way heavier than it needs to be.

heavier revs slower but will have less tendendcy to stall.you can run in a taller gear for example.

No loss of low end tq. The difference is when you are actually engaging the clutch, or maybe at idle. Think about it, the engine has less work to do to spin the flywheel.

I know someone is going to say otherwise....

I have a light flywheel on my 396 97 Camaro, and had one on my 91 MR2 Turbo. I put a lightweight flyweel on it, and even though people said I'd loose low end tq, and loose turbo spool, it made the car accelerate effortlessly. I had greater spool, more low end tq, and made it even more fun to drive.

Anyway, I want to put a trailtech flywheel on the bike, but haven't yet.

OK, let it begin ?

Steve

I also have a light weight flywheel on my galant vr4, it definitely helps the rpm's climb much quicker, which makes the turbo get to full boost quicker, same rpm butt just quicker to get there!

don't know how they would work on thumpers though, thats eddie's department...