Sign in to follow this  

turn signals 1990 xr600r help

the bike came with a headlight and tail light,can i just add a switch and use the power from the head and tail light

Does it have a voltage regulator or battery? The output from the stator should wire through a regulator of some sort then to your headlight. You can run a switch to the headlight but the tail light should be on all the time so no need to wire in a switch there. You should be able to run the same power output to both. Check your PM

ok can i add signals and use the power that goes to the headlight will that damage anything

It did not damage anything in my case - 95 xr600 no battery.

thanks frisco that puts me a ease,have you added anything else like bigger headlight or any other dual sport hardware

- stock headlight - i hooked up the wires to the high beam only - this way you can turn the headlight off when you're offroad....

- stock taillight +stop light

- front turn signals - ufo hand guards with blinkers built-in

- rear turn signals

- key ignition - replaced kill switch - it's was a must for me....

- 2 flashers - in the airbox

- universal switch

I guess that's it...

BTW headlight will dim a bit with blinkers on if you have a stock stator...

If you plan t keep the bike for longer or add some goodies, a high output stator might be a good idea.

BTW headlight will dim a bit with blinkers on if you have a stock stator...

If you plan t keep the bike for longer or add some goodies, a high output stator might be a good idea.

If you add a 12V battery pack, this will eliminate the dimming of the lights problem. The battery pack will also allow use of a horn.