Sign in to follow this  

Need tire advice...

Well, it is time to replace the rear tire on my steed, an '03 S model, and I am trying to decide which tire is best for my riding. I am looking for an inexpensive 50/50 tire that will last a while. The K270 is leading the pack right now but the prices on the Cheng Shins look pretty good. With a baby on the way my funds are very limited but I appreciate any and all suggestions. I have a Trackmaster on there now by the way.

Edited by newbzilla

Hmmm, well I run pilot powers on my SM. Ultra planted and grippy with good wear/wet characteristics. Not exactly cheap but then again I think it would be wise to invest a little more in tyres from a safety point of view now that your a daddy.

maxxis 6006 is advertized as 50/50 tire. It is ok for me off-road, which is no mud, grass trails and gravel semi trailer lot, but mostly street. Seems to hook up good on the street. Front looks good after 1000 miles, back is starting to "flattop" the center, but I try to do a lot of power runs and wheelies.

shinko 244?

That would be my vote as well for a good/cheap 50/50 tire, Im pleased with mine. They are a K270 type tread, but supposedly less squirmy than the 270,s taller side knobs. Got mine from the Motorcyclesuperstore for like $25 for the front and $35 for the rear, give or take.

Todd

thanks todd and dave. i think i'll get a set of those.

Edited by newbzilla