fork swap?

so i have a chance to get a set of forks from a 2001 yz250f from a friend for 100$. there in pretty good condition but my question is will they fit on my 1997 yz250? from my understanding both forks are 46mm but im not sure if thats right... he also is selling the rear shock for 75$, will that fit too?

thanks, Ryan

Yes, this swap will work just fine. However, you will also need the front brake caliper and rotor from the 01. The 97 rotor is smaller and the brake caliper uses different mounting points. The parts list is pretty long and neither set of forks is set up decently in stock form. You may be better off having your 97 forks revalved.

Well I eneded up trading my xr100 motor for the forks, still gotta go pick them up but ill try to get the front break set up to. So correct me if I'm wrong but all ill need for it to work its the break set up from the 250f?

Well I eneded up trading my xr100 motor for the forks, still gotta go pick them up but ill try to get the front break set up to. So correct me if I'm wrong but all ill need for it to work its the break set up from the 250f?

Yes, that should do it....caliper and rotor.