Sign in to follow this  

Shock Revalve Stack for '90- XR250?

I have my shock apart to rebuild it with a blown seal, does anybody know where I can get a revalve stack chart to upgrade it before I reassemble?

My specs are 1990 XR250R, 220lb rider, aggressive trail riding, currently have a 10.3kg/mm spring and a "hot pink" progressive spring with no numbers on it.

Alternatively, does anybody have a XR600 shock to sell that is a better to start with?

Many thanks

I have a number of XR600R shocks--some stock, some with Race Tech Gold Valves, and one very special hard anodized shock built for Baja Designs but never used.

Are you thinking that it is possible to use the 1991-2000 XR600 shock on the 1986-1995 series XR250?

I have a number of XR600R shocks--some stock, some with Race Tech Gold Valves, and one very special hard anodized shock built for Baja Designs but never used.

Are you thinking that it is possible to use the 1991-2000 XR600 shock on the 1986-1995 series XR250?

It might work if the mounts are the same width and the reservoir clears the frame. The length is only ~1/8" difference.

From what I can gather, I think the 1986-1991 are the range of years that work with remote reservoir and proper length. But the 1991 may be the sweet spot having the larger shock body of 44mm vs the XR250 40mm. Any confirmation or rebuttals to my information?