Sign in to follow this  

Hot Start Removal?

I have a 98 WR400 with the older version FCR. The hot start button is siezed up and I would rather not spend the $75 for one if I don't have to. My question is: Can I eliminate the hot start? How? Thanks

If it is seized in the closed position, leave it be. Some have removed the plunger and done all sorts of things to plug it up but in all honesty, the stock plungerm spring and cap work fine to seal it up.

I agree with William1. I noticed that my hot start seized a few weeks after last season started , I just left it alone until I needed to take the carb a part. Everything worked fine but if you remove it and don't get it sealed correctly you will have major issues.

I had it in the ultrasonic cleaner for an hour and it doesn't budge. I am wondering if P/O epoxyd it shut.

I had it in the ultrasonic cleaner for an hour and it doesn't budge. I am wondering if P/O epoxyd it shut.

I doubt it is expoxyd, I had to drill mine and then ran a drywall screw in it to pull it out. The plunger started spinning with the drill but still wouldn't come out.