Sign in to follow this  

2008 250 sxf

Im currently on a 2008 ktm 105sx and I thinkin about upgrading to a 2008 ktm 250sxf. Im nott looking to race and hit the rev limiter all the time, im more of the casual rider who rides fire roads and likes to make the occasional stop at the local mx track and sand pit. What is this bike like? Whats the power like? Jetting? Upkeep/maintence/costs? Would you recomend this bike?

I have a 2007sxf250 and it's great. The sxf250 is fast and really easy to maintain. If you’re just a casual rider, I don’t think you should get a bike like this. An sxf250 is not a casual riding type of bike. It is a Race Bike (Hint the name SX/Super Cross) you should look at an older RFS 250, I hate to say this, but I might recommend an older WR250 or CRF250x. They're slower than a SXF250 so it would be better for fire roads. But the KTMs are the easiest to work on by far. So if you want an easy bike to work on, get a KTM.

My son has a 08 250sx.He likes the track riding best.But we do ride the woods.I ride a 07 450sx w/rekluse mainly woods.These are eastern Ky.trails.not much fire roads.

We have no problems.

I recently purchased a 2006 250 SXF and I love it. I ride about 75% trails and 25% motocross (for fun, finally learned how to jump so i have track fever). Regardless the bike is awesome. I know for trail riding you may want to look at the XCF but the biggest difference between SX types and XC types are gear ratios and electric start. My SXF has closer ration gearing I suppose but not being a pro or anything i honestly dont know the difference. I just hang out in 2nd and 3rd on the trails and i can lug it in 3rd or rev it in 2nd and it is all the same to me. If you like to get a leg workout go for the SXF if you want to keep your hot start frustration low you may want to choose the E-start models. Enough of my humble opinion. if you stay orange you will be happy no matter what.