Sign in to follow this  

93 250 reed valve

I have a 93 rm 250. Everybody talks about the rad 3 valves. they dont make them for my yr. is there a comprable valve that would work as good for my bike. are after market valve really that good compared to stock? any help would be great. thanks

I've really liked boyesen. Their 2 stage reeds really seemed to help with the low end and they have good topend as well. I just put a set in my 90 250 and after my week trip to the desert, I'll be able to give you a better update. Just a note, if you get them off the bay, make sure you know the ones you need. That way you get the right ones. Some years had 2 petals, some years they had 3. Many of the sellers use generic pictures, so be informed before you buy. Don't as me how I know:banghead: I just looked up the # and it said 647. I picked up a set for $25 of the bay

Good luck

Save some money and just go with a set of Boyesen Pro Series reeds. They are way cheaper than a completely new valve and the performance increase is very good. If you go with a new valve then plan on rejetting, but if you just replace the reeds you will be fine with the stock jetting. Yes, replacing the entire valve will give you more low end and over rev, but for the money and not having to mess with the jetting just doing the reeds is a smart choice.