Which Bike

Hey everyone Im getting pissed off because Im two weeks away from selling my KLX140L and I STILL HAVENT PICKED A NEXT BIKE OK HERES THE DETAILS my doctor measured me and says im 5 ft8 but in past threads people tell me to get a 125 and WENT TO THE DEALER AND COULD NOT EVEN SIT ON A YZ125 and perfect size for a kx100 but some people say the kx100s are not fast and im not that fast of a rider due to my vision and handicaped right leg and my dad doesnt want to put me on a 125 because he doesnt want to see his son get killed finally I MIGHT START RIDING WITH A BUNCH OF 450 QUADS AND WANT TO KEEP UP but 125s are WAY TO HIGH STRUNG FOR MY KIND OF RIDING SO IM STUCK BETWEEN A 125 AND A100 LOOK AT MY DETAILS

If you don't ride fast and you (and your dad) don't feel safe with you riding fast, then go for the KX100... that way, even if it's not fast, you're going to be ok with it. NEVER get a bike that's too tall unless you know you can lower it to a comfortable height. I'm fortunate being 6'1" that seat height is never really an issue for me, but unfortunately it is for a lot of riders since the newer bikes sit so dang high. You won't like the unsettling feeling of not being able to put your feet down when you get into trouble. Don't worry about the quads, you'll keep up if you're a good rider, not if your bike is fast enough or not.

Who told you the KX 100 were not fast??? Someone lied to you. Over the years some of the fastest kids I've ever seen were on 85 big wheels and KX100's. Dont let them fool you that KX 100 is as fast as any 125. Now neather one will keep up with a 450 quad to start but it's still a fast as hell bike...

ya get a crf230 or ttr225, get an e start bike because of your handicap leg it will be a pain in the ass starting a 4 stroke (no hatin just hard to start), get a trail type bike not a mx bike. for your ridding your prob doing trails? get a trail bike that you dont need to work on. im 5'6 and on a ktm 200xc 2008 with a 36in seat height and sure as hell you can lower it 2 in from suspension and seat. but i've been ridding half my life so maybe even check my bike out. get an 08 or older there seat height is smaller then the 09-10 (37-38 in)

ok guys thanks for the replies but im not getting a crf150r not trying to be a jerk but i dont like 4 stroke race bike maint. Now people on other threads have told me go 125 and thats the bike thats big and powerfull So should i wait till im comfortable on a 125 put a lower link on it and flywheel weight or go for the 100 REMEMBER IM AT 5FT8 SO will the kx100 be too small in 2 years because i cant keep buying bikes or should i tame the 125 and grow into it

Ok how old r u again? In my honest opinion get a 125. U will thank your self in a year when u grow or become comfortable on it. I started riding an rm125 when I was 13 1/2 and was probably shorter than u now. I remember reading an article about modern bikes and they said bikes now days are built for 5'9 riders.

I can't really believe u are considering an kx100 at ur height. A 125 can be set up perfect for people smaller than u by smaller bars, taller pegs, lower seat, link, moved forks up in clamp, setting up suspension, or for extreme lowering modified sub frame and shorted suspension.๐Ÿคฃ Have u thought that maybe u don't really know how a bike is supposed to feel being that u r comfortable on ur old small bike. Also that the 125 u sat on doesn't have the sag set for ur weight? Just some things to think about, cause I know I would rather ride a 125 a year early than a year late.๐Ÿ‘

you are WAY too small for a kx100. a 150rb is roughly the same size as a kx100 and that thing was too small for me when i was 5'4 or 5'5. im now 5'9 or so, and i ride a yz 125 which is the tallest 125 you can get, and its not a problem at all. the kx 100 will be just as snappy if not snappier than a 125, so why get a 100 when you will be too small for it soon anyways? if your riding with 450 quads and talking about "keeping up", then im assuming its pretty open riding. you wont have to worry about putting your foot down much, and you will get the hang of it pretty quickly. unless of course your a hermit.

I know a kid who's 6'2" and rides an xr100 LOL. Everyone has to start somewhere. I don't really think it's possible to be physically too big for a bike as long as you're not Shaquille O'neal on a fiddy. With a handicapped leg especially, sometimes it's better to take steps instead of leaps when moving up on bikes. I can't really say I've demonstrated that, but one kid in particular that I ride with benefitted massively from moving to an 80 before getting a 125, even though he is "too tall" at around 5'9. Main thing is, if you're gonna be afraid of/ uncomfortable on a 125 and have problems because of your leg (no offense intended), get a smaller bike. Other peoples' opinions are just that. Opinions. It only really matters that you're having fun in the end, and if you don't think a 125 would be fun, then it's not worth getting, is it? BTW unless the quad riders are really good, you shouldn't have any trouble keeping up on a 100 if you're in tight trails ๐Ÿ‘