Sign in to follow this  

What to do next?

OK

I bought a 2009 DR and hated the throttle response so I attached a TM40 pumper carb, pulled the snorkel, added a high flow filter and thats about it. Great throttle response but still underpowered from a roll.

I'm now finding a desire to get more low end pull without regearing. I'm considering cutting the air box, adding a pipe and of course rejetting to compensate for the increase in air.

questions:

1) What is the best pipe or whole system reccommendation for the DR650 to best achieve my goal with the TM40? I like short pipes but not real loud pipes. Order of priority is power, sound, lenght. I also need a sparky.

2) What's the optimal dimension for the airbox vent?

3) Re-jetting reccommendations?

Any any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

GSXR exhaust can!!!!! You can always drop the front down to a 14 tooth and try it , its a cheap and easy little boost. call jesse !! Good luck.......

Thanks all!

What's a good source for the GSXR pipe? I presume its from the liter version right?

How much power are you wanting? It's not going to build rpm's like a multi cylinder bike, and it's not going to have the rush of power like a liter bike either. You get wha you pay for. I find the acceleration to be plenty good enough to dust off most of the cagers. Even a few of the slow to respond two wheelers as well.

Thanks! All good information.

As far as power I'd like my DR650 to power wheelee the front tire definitly in first and possibly in second gear. My DRZ400 would easily do it in first with just an air box mod and re-jetting.

I really like the sound of the FMF Q2 on the DR650. Are there any performance advantages with the GSXR pipe?

Thanks! All good information.

As far as power I'd like my DR650 to power wheelee the front tire definitly in first and possibly in second gear. My DRZ400 would easily do it in first with just an air box mod and re-jetting.

I really like the sound of the FMF Q2 on the DR650. Are there any performance advantages with the GSXR pipe?

Did you look at the dyno chart on my web site? 👍

MxRob

I looked at your site but did not see a dyno. Do you have a link?

The DRZ wheelies easier because the center of gravity is higher. When you raise the center of gravity on a bike, you make it easier to do wheelies.

Chart looks great!

I did look for the GSXR can but I've not seen one.

I'm going use an FMF power core with a pwer bomb header for now. But I'll keep looking for a GSXR can that's in good shape. This is an 09 bike and I don't want one that's shot out with road rash.

Thanks for all the input. I'll let all know how this turn out.