Sign in to follow this  

KDX kickstand angle

So I am sure most of you know the kickstand on the KDX 200 and 220 is pretty much level with the swing arm. The other day I was having to back up on a steep trail and with the bike tilted over to the left the kickstand kept getting hung up on the ground (it was steep and I am short). Is there anyway to grind down the kick stand where it swings to get it to go to a higher angle? My buddies KTM like flips all the way up into the fender. Just wondering.

Ditch it. You can lean the bike on a tree, or someone elses bike. If you must have a kickstand trailtech makes a nice unit that will fit, can't remember the model off hand though. I think it's a suzuki one? I'll try to find it.

A kick stand is a must since my buddy doesn't have one he relies on me. Also if I lean it over ill forget to turn the fuel back on and ill remember when I'm climbing a hill.

I think you might be in virgin territory modding the stocker. If you come up with something slick make sure you post it up though.

Here's the thread at kdxrider covering details on one model of the trailtech install, and just pictures of another. I think either one will take a small amount of work, but the end result looks well worth the effort.

http://kdxrider.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6152&highlight=kickstand

Thanks for posting that. I never even knew KDXrider.net existed. Now I have one more place to keep my entertained...

kdxrider is a great place for info. You should definitely sign up over there. There's also canadian daves justkdx forum over at dirtrider.net/forums, another good KDX resource.

You know.. I found out something through this post and the KDXrider link, that I had never thought about. The phrase "kickstand" vs "bikestand"..

I'm 6'2" and have never had to stand on the pegs to kick start a bike. I never thought about the relationship of "kick starting" the bike on the "kickstand".

I always assumed they called it that because you "kicked" it down to stand the bike on it, and "kicked" it up to go on.🤣

Learn something new every day.👍