Gas drip from bottom of carb??good/bad

Ive got a 2008 Yamerhamer YZ250F

I noticed today while geting my bike ready for this weekend that on the bottom of the carb it looked wet so i put my finger in it and it was gas. directly below it on the engine casing it had a yellowish tint to it from gas had driped on it. i looks like there are honey comb typ of holes on the bottom of the carb so my gues was it was ok...but im also stoopid so idk?

what im asking is that if this is normal.. or should i be freaking out and trying to fix it asap so i can ride this weekend?

Thanks in advance!!!!

If the gas drips out all the time (over flow hose) then your float valve isn't sealing...OR there is some dirt in the float valve...Or the float is set too high....Most likely dirt in the float valve.....I wouldn't get too excited about it unless it drips constantly with the engine running.....But it shouldn't be leaking at all to be right..

It sounds to me like it is just seeping out of the bowl gasket, bowl nut gasket or A/C pump diaphragm. I would buy a rebuild kit and just replace the rubber. Its not a big deal just more of a nuisance that should be fixed sooner than later.

Carbs should not leak when the bike is upright. Check the bowl gasket and float level (you can download a free manual from the WR250F forum if you don't have one - see the sticky). It shows you how to set the float level. +1 on checking that the float needle valve is clean and seating properly. Replace the needle valve if it doesn't seat properly. The overflow should go to a hose, so the carb itself should never be wet unless something else is also a factor.