1984 XR250R What to do??? HELP!!!!

Hi guys!

well i have a 84 250r and im waiting 4 the head to come back from a shop...

But... i want to knw what to do with the bike.

im 15 and im not shure what i want to do, put a new set of rings and a rebore,

sell it and get a later model or spend a little bit more and get a big bore kit put on it and keep it for a while.

I have just put a 1985 gearbox (mint!!) on it becouse of my out put shaft stripping,👍

so i just want to knw what to do!!!

thanks jacob.🤣

How about nothing?

There comes a time in a bike's life when it makes no more sense to pour a lot of money into it. Keep it running as well as you can with little money, and save up your cash for something newer and better. 1984, that's a 26 year-old bike, and it's not like it's a classic or anything (if you had a Honda Bros, or a Norton Commando, it would be a different story).

Only you can look out for your economic welfare. It's all your decision.

It depends what kind of riding you plan to do in the near future... just trail riding or putting around with friends? Long-range day rides? The 250 you have is perfect for this stuff. It's also good for hare scrambles if you're just out for fun.

If you plan to start MXing (many people start at your age) then you might save up for a different style bike.

How about nothing?

There comes a time in a bike's life when it makes no more sense to pour a lot of money into it. Keep it running as well as you can with little money, and save up your cash for something newer and better. 1984, that's a 26 year-old bike, and it's not like it's a classic or anything (if you had a Honda Bros, or a Norton Commando, it would be a different story).

Or you could do this and have another 26 years:thumbsup:

www.hondaxr250.com

image002.jpgimage004.jpg

DSCF4681.JPGDSCF4688.JPGDSCF4683.JPG

hey there i would LOVE to do the bottom pics soooooo much!!!!!!!!

thats an awsome bike man both are!!!! lol!!!

i think that i mite just have to put pistin and rings in the bike becouse it smokes alittle bit when im riding but the head has also had a full rebuild.

In reply to DGXR: i like to do a little bit of everything (not so much mx but) i like riding long distance the best!!!!

Edited by 84XR250R

How about nothing?

hi there. thanks 4 the info but i really enjoy riding this bike (even though i had a 2003 suzi DR200 before hand). i really do want to keep this bike going as well as possible!!! thanks jacob.