Sign in to follow this  

kx250 wont start?

well i just changed the sparkplug in my 02 kx250. the old plug thet dont even make anymore lol i think it was the stock plug...but i was letting it warm up and i cut the choke off(thought it was warm) but it died. and now wont start back. even if i try to roll start it the back tire just locks up and slides..so any ideas?

thanks

When you roll it in gear it locks up in the rear? You try dropping some gas in the plug hole to give it a little boost? You getting a spark? Try bumping in 2nd? Is that when it locks up? Might be a stuck top end if not moving, just a major guess?

I was thinking along those same lines, but he does not say it wont kick over. Which I assumed he was doing before pushing it?

Lets ask the obvious question, does the engine turn over when you kick-start it? Is it easy of hard to kick? It it does turn over, then put it in 2nd or 3rd and try that push start again and bounce on the seat right as you let the clutch out for extra traction.

When did you change the oil, at the same time as sprark plug change? Did you put in the correct amount? If it was overfilled you may be dealing with HYDRO-LOCK. Pull the spark plug and try to kick it over, If oil comes up out the spark plug hole then you overfilled it.

I had this problem with my 05 ATK. It started and ran fine after an oil change then after sitting a while it wouldnt turn over. Popped out the plug drained a little oil and done, started right up.

naw i didnt over fill it..it will almost start when i try to kick it over. but when i roll it. i gotta let it pick up speed then put it in first then pop the clutch it just locks up and slides. im going to clean the carb tomorrow i hope this will fix it. =/

You could have gotten a dud plug. I got a new one yesterday and it started fine and then fouled out right away. Went and got another one and was good to go. My bike always locks the rear down when i try to bump start in first. Get speed in neutral and click it up to second and drop the clutch.