Do people really not understand what a dirt bike is?

I think most people can tell the difference between a car and a Jeep, but why is it that alot of people don't really know the difference between a street bike and a dirt bike. ?

Case in point:

"...it could be made into a dirt bike easy just change the back tire and the exhaust..."

CraigsList-StreetDirtBike.JPG

Just think how much money we could have saved, if we knew earlier that all we had to do was swap the exhaust and rear tire on a street bike to make a dirt bike, instead of having to buy more than one bike. ??

That used to be common practice. Dirt tires on street bikes. Old school "dirt" bikes were little more than a street bike with knobby tires anyway. Heck I'll ride anything in the dirt. In high school I often went trail riding on a cb500 with knobby tires on it, lol.

That used to be common practice. Dirt tires on street bikes. Old school "dirt" bikes were little more than a street bike with knobby tires anyway. Heck I'll ride anything in the dirt. In high school I often went trail riding on a cb500 with knobby tires on it, lol.

Bingo, I think most people refer to them as "scramblers". Honestly, that looks to be in really good shape for an old AMF HD.

I have a 73 F11 I've been working on for a while. Rode it for a few years up on the farm. I've even had it out at a few of the offroad riding areas around here. Very similar layout to the HD up there. Really fun bike to ride. The engine will outrun the suspension in about .5 seconds though, lol.

lol

sadly I know someone who locally bought a bike that looked about like that, for like $100 lol

except he tried to trail ride it with the street tires that were on it LOL.. I told him he wouldn't even begin to be able to trail ride with street tires, and he found out himself the first day we went riding ?

This could be a scam as well. Craigslist is full of scammers, and the poor English was my first signal. Message them and ask if they're from Nigeria and 9/10 times if they are, it's a scam.

Nonsense... I donate $20 a month to a nigerian charity, really nice people! ?