Weird flywheel?

The flywheel is different I think from others.... There is no nut and bolt in the middle. How do I get it off?? There are 4 little allen head screws on the outside of it... I took them off but it still will not come off. Help me!👍

that is a flywheel weight on your flywheel check steahly offroad for directions to remove, you may need the hardware from them to get it off. steahlyoffroad.com

if you are handy you can save time and money by a. drain coolant and remove cylinder head then install some coiled up nylon rope on top of the piston, reinstall cylnder head then b. take a 2 foot piece of something rigid like angle iron drill two holes in it matching 2 holes on the face of the flywheel weight then bolt the angle iron on and turn slowly counterlockwise (normal threads) the flywheel weight IS THE NUT holding on the flywheel. then use a flywheel puller to remove the flywheel. if you don't want to use the fww anymore just install a washer and nut instead. dont forget to loosen the 4 allen head bolts first

Edited by rolliew

that is a flywheel weight on your flywheel check steahly offroad for directions to remove, you may need the hardware from them to get it off. steahlyoffroad.com

if you are handy you can save time and money by a. drain coolant and remove cylinder head then install some coiled up nylon rope on top of the piston, reinstall cylnder head then b. take a 2 foot piece of something rigid like angle iron drill two holes in it matching 2 holes on the face of the flywheel weight then bolt the angle iron on and turn slowly counterlockwise (normal threads) the flywheel weight IS THE NUT holding on the flywheel. then use a flywheel puller to remove the flywheel. if you don't want to use the fww anymore just install a washer and nut instead. dont forget to loosen the 4 allen head bolts first

Thank you! I was searching and searching but could not figure out how to take it off. My crank blew apart yesterday and will not move at all. Do you think I could just turn out the flywheel without holding the top end still, as long as it doesn't move? Or do you think it will hurt my cases? (hopefully they are not already damaged)